Confetti costs HOW MUCH!!!?

I'm getting married next month (eek)!

I've cut costs wherever possible - calling in favours from friends and family and making most things myself! Including: cake, stationery, center pieces, table confetti, wedding favors, wedding signs, and bunting, hair & make up, transport. Thank you to whoever came up with Freecyle!

But it seems the largest expensive next to venue/food will be confetti!!! What?! How is that possible?!! One website recommends 24 litres for my guest numbers, at £15 per litre!!!

Any ideas where to buy cheaply? It has to be biodegradable (venue requirement) otherwise I'd make some myself! - can I make biodegradable confetti myself? What could I use without being flush with dried flowers?

I'm considering bubbles (way cheaper) but I'd rather have confetti - I'm not a bridezilla in the slightest but I do love confetti photos and I'd be really disappointed to not have any from my own wedding.

TIA

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Since when was confetti provided by the bride? Guests take their own at every wedding I've been at.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Since when was confetti provided by the bride? Guests take their own at every wedding I've been at.
    I agree.
    I've never had confetti provided by the bridal party at any wedding I've been to.
    I've always bought my own little box.

£360 for confetti? :eek:
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Never heard of confetti by the bucket. Our photographer took some boxes with her to give to guests to do a timed throw so she could get a picture. I don't think I've ever used confetti at a wedding. Wonder what the origin is, will have to google.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've always brought my own confetti to weddings never had it supplied. Granted I supplied bubbles at mine because confetti wasnt allowed
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,614 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2017 at 8:21PM
    24 litres of confetti!!

Every wedding I have been a few people have have brought small boxes of confetti. How many guests are you having to require 24 litres.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    As others have said .... brides don't supply confetti, guests take their own.

24 litres is 12 LARGE bottles of fizzy pop... that's like a whole bucket per guest???!!

You must've got confused somewhere.

Just let your guests know it has to be biodegradable.

You can make your own with petals - by drying them. If you still want to buy it, you can buy it sub £6/litre.

I'm intrigued how people would be expected to receive, hold, throw a couple of buckets of the stuff at you .....
  • I've been to a wedding where guests were asked not to bring any confetti as it would be provided.

It was beautifully done - they had made pretty little cones from wrapping paper, then filled each cone with confetti, and these were packed into shallow boxes. On leaving the service, each guest was given a cone of confetti to use outside.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• skimper
    skimper Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm supplying the confetti at my wedding, I'm just buying a couple of big bags of dried petals from ebay & either having them in bowls or making cones out of doilies.

out of curiosity what website was it?
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We got married in Germany, in the Station HQ conference room (the equivalent of a registry office wedding).

We had been told 'absolutely no confetti' due to the location - but parents and elderly aunties got a bit over excited and threw shed loads of the paper stuff all over us and the front of the HQ building.

We later found out that it had been cleared up by a couple of lads on jankers !
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    pound shop,......
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport