Need not Want.

Options

Comments

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Confession time ......

365days wrote: »
    Laminator - Have you tried the supermarkets? I got mine from Asda but Tesco sell them too. I think I paid £12.
    I looked in T the other day but they didn't have any (did have the pouches) but it's quite a small store

So ..... I was in Mr T for a few bits and ..... they had a Laminator and it was only £9.50 :eek: - I couldn't resist for that price :o

*sigh*
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2013 at 6:40PM
    Options
    Sazdaz wrote: »
    Well yesterday i sat and looked through my sisters Nxt catologue, but was really good. I was very tempted to ask her to order me some bits but thought do I really need it. There was a lovely shelf just like i wanted for my kitchen to put all my new christmas present cook bits on, but then looking at it thought I could get the ex to knock me up the metal work and see if one of my scaffolding / builder friends have a old scaffolding board that they dont want as its broken etc and use that and it will look just the same plus I can have made to suit. As ex gets metal really cheap and hopefully wont pay much for board I am sure the shelf will cost me less than the £35 in the cat.

Ah but did you want it before you looked in the catalogue.

I've realised that a lot of my leisure time was spent 'shopping'. Rainy saturday afternoon lets go to the garden centre via the diy shop. I didn't set out with a need or a want but definately came back with something or other.

For me I've realised that I can probably spend ...was going to type a year...but can safely say ....a long time.....without going into any shop except a supermarket. That in itself is going to make a big difference in my life. I'll have to find other ways to while away a boring afternoon. What I do know is though that shops (catalogues/websites) have a cunning way of not letting you leave them empty handed. For me it's safer to steer well clear!

I bet if your hubby makes the shelves they will not only be far cheaper, but far more loved too!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Sazdaz
    Sazdaz Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ok failed a bit today but I wouldnt say it was a want or a need really, just a practical idea. Went into Mr S and they had their kids owl hat and scarf sets reduced from around £10 to £1, matching purse and key ring set reduced to 80p from £6 and pack of xmas cards 25p. brought two hats sets, one purse set and a packet of xmas cards for £2.85 in total. I have two little girls to buy for christmas so they will make great presents, so going into Chrismas 2013 box. I have a savings jar for presents so will take the money out of there and replace in my purse. bit annoyed to ruin a NSD but think it was worth it.
    APR NSD - 0/10
    Paid off in 2013 so far £125.00
    April Money made - £18.00
  • 365days
    Options
    Confession time ......

So ..... I was in Mr T for a few bits and ..... they had a Laminator and it was only £9.50 :eek: - I couldn't resist for that price :o

*sigh*

Good price! Is that your want allowance for January used up?;)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Sazdaz
    First Post
    Options
    365 - I had already decided I wanted a new shelf for kitchen but wasnt sure what one, but spoke to ex and he says that he can make the bracket exactly the same and coat it for nothing, and if I can find the wood then he will fix it up for me so my aim is to see if I can get two shelves made up for nothing and then they will definately be more loved.
    APR NSD - 0/10
  • 365days
    Options
    ok failed a bit today but I wouldnt say it was a want or a need really, just a practical idea. Went into Mr S and they had their kids owl hat and scarf sets reduced from around £10 to £1, matching purse and key ring set reduced to 80p from £6 and pack of xmas cards 25p. brought two hats sets, one purse set and a packet of xmas cards for £2.85 in total. I have two little girls to buy for christmas so they will make great presents, so going into Chrismas 2013 box. I have a savings jar for presents so will take the money out of there and replace in my purse. bit annoyed to ruin a NSD but think it was worth it.

Kid's need Christmas presents. (Hmmsome might disagree but I' a soft touch where kids and christmas are concerned!!) So a need fullfilled at a bargain price!!
  • Sazdaz
    First Post
    Options
    now that is a good way of looking at it 365.
    APR NSD - 0/10
  • suze1_2
    suze1_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Confession time :cool:. Spent £10 on a car valet yesterday. I know it was lazy & indulgent, but my car was a total tip & as I use it for work, needed to sort it out!!!

However, 365 days, you have totally inspired me!!! Accidentally went to work today without my purse?!!! I have never left the house without some money for years & years (probably since Uni days) & yet I was pleased that I did! Much better day today - spent 45p on newspaper :T
  • MummyRivett
    Options
    Confession time ......

*sigh*

Bargain well done.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • MummyRivett
    Options

Well done, it well go well toward's next years presents, I know the ones you mean that is great value for money too.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts