jSA CHRISTMAS 2012 PAYMENTS

Comments

• wildlife12 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if somebody can help me i'm meant to be signing on on christmas eve but the job centre is shut so will i get paid on the 21st or the 27th? thanks in advance

It will be the 27th, you only get paid 21st if you are due to be paid ON the bank holidays.

I signed today, would have been paid xmas day , but get paid 21st as banks are closed.
  • are the banks open on the 27th ...

i'm quite p'd off about this at first the jobcentre gave me a slip saying i'd get a payment early on the 18th then i didn't get it and i phoned up and was told the jobcentre are giving out the wrong information and then i phoned my advisor and he said they decided not to give the payments out on that day because some people would struggle for money it's flipping annoying
  • im due to sign on 28/12/12 been told to go back on 11/1/13 will I get paid before 31/12/12 as my due bate is 2/1/13 and I see 2/1/13 is bank holiday Scotland only will I be paid early then 2/1/13 please help
  • lystria
    lystria Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 20 December 2012 at 9:45PM
    wildlife12 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if somebody can help me i'm meant to be signing on on christmas eve but the job centre is shut so will i get paid on the 21st or the 27th? thanks in advance
    it should hit your account on 27th would be same for anybody on that day

when i used to work for banks only days we got off where xmas day and boxing day so yeah they will be doing stuff on other dates!
    Lystria :p
  • lystria
    edited 20 December 2012 at 10:02PM
    im due to sign on 28/12/12 been told to go back on 11/1/13 will I get paid before 31/12/12 as my due bate is 2/1/13 and I see 2/1/13 is bank holiday Scotland only will I be paid early then 2/1/13 please help

if your not in scotland then no you will recieve your payment on its normal date, which i believe u say is 2nd jan, so it will probs arrive then, unlikly to get it earlier

sometimes the advisors at the jobcenter arnt very clear on things and give ppl false information its like going round in circles, hence i use what the office site says
  • im due to sign on the 26th unsure when i'll get my payment. does anyone know when i'll get it thanks.
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    This thread is getting me all tangled up.

My ESA is due January 1st. According to this thread it should hit my account December 31st. But December 31st this year is a bank holiday! (As is January 2nd, see here.) So...what's going on, and when will I actually get it?
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • lystria
    Trialia wrote: »
    This thread is getting me all tangled up.

My ESA is due January 1st. According to this thread it should hit my account December 31st. But December 31st this year is a bank holiday! (As is January 2nd, see , So...what's going on, and when will I actually get it?

well i hae had payments go in on xmas eve and new years eve of any kind before. I dont know about other banks but natwest usually clear any monday payments on a saturday, if that monday happens to be a bank holiday they will clear tuesdays on a saturday to... so i guess it depends on your bank. you could check with them see when they would process payments due on the 31st?

2nd jan is only a bank holiday in scotland.
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    You have a point about the 2nd. Sorry, my morphine's making my head a bit fuzzier than usual tonight for some reason.

Banks, I'm with Lloyds, they don't clear on Saturdays. So I suppose maybe the preceding Friday...the 28th? I guess we'll see, but it would be good to know.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • I'm on ESA. Next payment is due 26th. I was told I'd bd paid at midnight 21st. I haven't been paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure