jSA CHRISTMAS 2012 PAYMENTS

Comments

• Hi
    I sign on on Thursday and I am expecting to be paid on the Friday,I'm due on Christmas Day. This happened last year also. I went to sign on and was told the money was already in my account and I was able to take it out straight away. The job centre always pays you earlier rather than later than your payment date. So I think people due their money on the 24,25,26 will get paid on Friday and it will be cleared immediately. I've been on the dole for a few years now on and off and if payments are getting made early there's no "clearing" process. Could be wrong? Might of changed this year but dunno why they would do that since its worked so well the last few years.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Russe11 wrote: »
    I thought the 3 days was to do with the payment from the issuing bank, clearing to the customer account clearing on the day after its recieved.

Faster payments should mean small payments clear instantly, but this does not happen i'll assume because of the sheer volume of funds being moved everyday for benefits, being all one way traffic the clearing is never going to be balanced.

maybe someone could let us know who is "in the know"

They tender the payment by BACS which takes on average 3 working days to get into your account. But if at some point they fail to pay you and you telephone them and they approve payment they will send a faster payment which gets into your account the same day or the next working day depending on the time of day when payment is approved.
  • anyone due payment on the 28th December will be paid on the 28th ...for those due on the 27th December payment will be 21st dec if you lucky and the 24th December as it takes 3 days for bacs processing.

the 24th and 25th are Non-input and non-processing days, therefore as jsa payments are never late only on time or early they must be processed on or prior to the 21st.

if job centres are open Christmas eve then this is classed as a processing day as is the day its received which is why when after midnight it takes about half an hour or more.....

eg. sign on a Thursday its due Monday, however sometimes can be drawn after midday on a sunday as thur, fri, sat processing days
  • i was due to sign on christmas eve and receive my payment on 27th but i dont have to go back until 7th jan. my advisor is a misery and didnt mention getting the payment early but im nosy and was earwigging when the advisor next to mine told his client the payment would be paid early as the job center etc is shut. He didnt say what day but im assuming that applies to me too as i sign the same day as his client:D

anyone due payment on the 28th December will be paid on the 28th ...for those due on the 27th December payment will be 21st dec if you lucky and the 24th December as it takes 3 days for bacs processing.

the 24th and 25th are Non-input and non-processing days, therefore as jsa payments are never late only on time or early they must be processed on or prior to the 21st.

if job centres are open Christmas eve then this is classed as a processing day as is the day its received which is why when after midnight it takes about half an hour or more.....

eg. sign on a Thursday its due Monday, however sometimes can be drawn after midday on a sunday as thur, fri, sat processing days
  • hi i am due to get my benifit on the 27th and was told i would receive this early from my advisor but now im not so sure can you help please
  • SandraScarlett
    SandraScarlett Posts: 4,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2012 at 8:38PM
    If you're due a payment on the 21st, 24th, 25th or 26th, why not check your bank balance early on the 21st, to see if it's in. This is on the website:

Early payment dates for benefits due at Christmas and New Year

Benefit payment due date Actual payment

Monday 24 December 2012 Friday 21st December

Tuesday 25 December 2012 Friday 21st December

Wednesday 26th December 2012 Friday 21st December

Tuesday 1st January Monday 31st December

Wednesday 2nd January (Scotland only) Monday 31st December

xx
  • sandrascarlett thats the same as the poster I saw in my post office this morn with the dates on payments wise x
  • My husband will find out tomorrow if he has to sign Thursday or Friday (he was signing on a Friday but JCP have changed it to a Monday due to him working part time. Due to it taking 3 working days for payment to get from DWP to his bank a/c means that the payment will be late. if he signs Thursday, he'll get payment 27th but if he signs Friday, the payment won't be in bank a/c until 28th? I need to know so I can budget for the end of month bills going out.
  • Cate1976 wrote: »
    My husband will find out tomorrow if he has to sign Thursday or Friday (he was signing on a Friday but JCP have changed it to a Monday due to him working part time. Due to it taking 3 working days for payment to get from DWP to his bank a/c means that the payment will be late. if he signs Thursday, he'll get payment 27th but if he signs Friday, the payment won't be in bank a/c until 28th? I need to know so I can budget for the end of month bills going out.

Part time workers do not have automatic issue of payments allowed, as in early payment release is not done as they need to see B7s and wage slips usually... Check asap and take in all docs before usual signing date
  • lystria
    lystria Posts: 30 Forumite
    it says on the link
    Benefit payment due date (when it would normally be due) - Actual payment/receipt date (when it hits ur account)

Benefit payment due date - Actual payment/receipt date
    24 December 2012 - 21 December 2012
    25 December 2012 (Christmas Day) - 21 December 2012
    26 December 2012 (Boxing Day) - 21 December 2012
    1 January 2013 (New Year’s Day) - 31 December 2012
    2 January 2013 (Scotland only) - 31 December 2012

so anyone due payments on 24th/25th/26th december will get their payments on Friday 21st December
    any one due payments on 1st and 2nd January will get their payments on Monday 31st December.

ALL other payment dates will arrive as normal on your usual dates if not stated above!
    this is what they officially say and just wanted to clarify it for u guys lol :)
    Lystria :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport