National Accident Database?

Comments

• FSexpert
    FSexpert Posts: 16 Forumite
    There is no such thing as the national accident database. There are databases of accidents however these are for fraud prevention purposes and are usually only shared between certain insurers and their agents/investigators. These databases also only record accidents where there is a suspicion of fraud or a link to a suspicious individual/car/company etc.
  • FS Expert is right - the fraud databases are used to collect data and kill fraud rings and what you have experienced is a cold call. The easiest way to kill these calls is to ask for their registered address and FSA registration number so that you can report them.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • lols i have a call from these today so a thought i would have a giggle

when they asked for me a told them he wasnt available and when they asked when he would be available i replied with

"A dont know him to be fair mate but am guessing hes going to report his phone stolen in the next half an hour"

lols the guy wished me luck and hung up
  • I received a 2nd cold call from this number yesterday(asking for me by name) regarding a fall I had in Sainsbury's car park. I had not claimed from any party and the only people with knowledge of the accident were Sainsbury & the hospital that treated me? Surely they have breached data protection if they have information ?
    I did try calling them back to get a registered address, but it rings then disconnects.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Some one in the hospital getting a back handing me thinks.

If any of my clients have a fire at stupid o'clock in the morning they get phone calls from people offering to handle their claim for a fee of 15% of whatever the claim is plus vat of course within about 30 minutes. Strange that
  • I have been called by them tonight - it is odd because I have just received a letter about an accident I had four years ago and then to get called by them in the same night seems odd. I missed their call and got cut off when I rang the number in my call-log but I got through to them when I called 0151 5488 447.

He said it would have been about an accident I have been in the last three years - which I haven't - so he said he would take my number out of their system - we'll see....
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just spoken to the rudest scouse woman on 0151 2553580. She was practically shouting when I said I wouldn't be interested in anything she was going to offer me!
  • oldmodcon
    oldmodcon Posts: 18 Forumite
    Here;s some further information on these low life !

They are one of a number of companies which are "trading names" of Anthony Donald Evans Ltd. The other companies are:- seeus2save and helpadebt.

This bunch of idiots will ring you daily for weeks / months on end. They'll promise to remove you from their database and continue to ring you. They don't care, the will harrass you for weeks on end !

There are loads of complaints on the web about both of these companies and Ofcom have had a number of complaints and are looking onto them.

They are breaking the law on numerous counts with regard to cold calling etc and must be stopped.
  • Hi everyone,

Been reading the slating going on here about this company, I feel quiet strong about this because the first impressions you are all putting out on the company are totally biased, i do actually work for this company and just because a fair few of you haven't had an accident in the last few years you are now slating our reps!

The company is totally legitimate and our aim is to provide free impartial advice and comparisons, yes there are 3 sides of the business being:

Utilities - Comparisons for all UK suppliers, also fully accredited by Consumer Focus ( Energy Helpline)
    Accidents - The main topic of this thread
    Insurance - Car, Bike and Van

Can i also inform many customers that TPS service needs to be updated every year or your data can still be sold to companies like ourselves, just like other companies we source our data from many places, yes this data in some cases will need filtering because if you are anything like me, when you fill in any type of form online you may put a fake name, number etc!!

I just want to get our point across, hope a few people have been made aware now.

Many Thanks

David
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Accident management companies that are regulated by the MOJ are not supposed to cold call. Presumably you know that? Unless you're not regulated, in which case, you shouldn't be dealing with PI claims anyway.

It's a scabby way of running a business, and I personally would never deal with a company that puts itself about like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure