Staff Discount cards - How much do you save?

Comments

• dws_3
    dws_3 Posts: 14 Forumite
    wife gets 33% off at waterstones and 25% off at hmv, I get between 20% & 25% off fiat depending on model, upto 20% on toyota, honda and landrover
  • Hi chuddies, mine was in my induction pack which i recieved when i first started there, but i'm sure if you contacted HR and asked for a staff benefits handbook they should be able to get you one.
    Pole Dancer In Training :rotfl: ;);) :rotfl:
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    I work for the INland Revenue - so neither me or my hubby pay Income Tax......

I wish - Would be loaded then - no perks of the job for us I'm afraid -
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • Scarlett
    Scarlett Posts: 315
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Wow. I'm well chuffed with my 60% discount on books then - and the discount increases at Christmas as well, just in time to order gifts!
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ASDA - 10%
    Game - upto 25%
    ChoicesUK - upto 10%

Wait for it...
    Sketchleys - 90% off dry cleaning, photo processing and key cutting. 50% off retail items.
  • Willxx
    Willxx Posts: 116 Forumite
    Just as a matter of interest do any of these staff benefits get taxed at all?

Just wondering as having medical insurance provided at work gets added onto my tax bill and having a company car and using it to get to and from work is classed as private mileage and taxed so how is free travel etc any different? :o
  • Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Willxx wrote:
    Just as a matter of interest do any of these staff benefits get taxed at all?

Just wondering as having medical insurance provided at work gets added onto my tax bill and having a company car and using it to get to and from work is classed as private mileage and taxed so how is free travel etc any different? :o

Good point , know Lord E pays a fortune in tax for comany car and BUPA membership , maybe there is an anomaly (sp) which IR allow discount cards .Any IR posters able to help?
  • Warriorsith
    Warriorsith Posts: 441
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    McDonald's has quite a few deals with other companies, all you have to do is place '' mcdonalds '' in discount parts onn payment area and you get some percentage of whatever the purchase is. :D
    "I AM THE GATEKEEPER OF MY OWN DESTINY" Nacho Libre

'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :DDFW Member No.495
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    No I don't think there is a tax charge on it unless you actually get given the vouchers etc ie like Christmas hampers you have to pay tax on that!!!!! - Soe empoyers meet the tax liablity on that though. It would be difficult to prove what discounts you have actually taken advantage of.
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • Sainsbury's 10% off everything except petrol/cigs/lottery, somestimes get discount vouchers for Homebase, last one 15% off everything.
    Debt Free!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport