Freebies on Deployment

Options
Good morning all,

This is my first post on MSE so please go easy on me. I was wondering if anyone on here had previously wrote to or emailed any companies/brands that are renowned for being generous towards British forces units on deployments overseas?

For example, last year one of the lads onboard emailed Nando's asking for some food enhancers by the way of sauces etc. They duly obliged and were regularly sending us out boxes of it.

That is the general jist of what I am asking. If you have any ideas who to perhaps get in contact with then that would be greatly appreciated by myself and the rest of the lads.

Cheers for reading this,

NB.

Comments

• Swampy3k
    Swampy3k Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    a few lads and myself tried this back on Herrick 9 and 15, being a Glaswegian I obviously asked Irn-Bru if they could help the lads (and sent a picture of us) low and behold we received crates of the red golden goodness which was a lot better than the crap you get from the chogi markets in the Bazaar. (pretty sure we lost come crates along the way..)

Also winners were Costa Coffee, Heinz and McVities, hope this helps!
  • jeanmd
    jeanmd Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 May 2014 at 11:26AM
    Options
    I emailed quite a few companies when my son was out in theatre and the only one that sent stuff was http://www.thumbsupuk.com/ As this was back in 2011 it might be worth getting back in touch with them. The lads loved the stuff that was sent and it was all left behind for the next group. They did send the items as from myself to my son to save on postage as there were quite a few boxes.
    I was told I should have sent them through the army admin, not direct, but as I say the lads loved the and it went to where I wanted it to go and as they were walking around with metal detectors every day, I felt they needed as much light relief as they could get. hth x

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=334817916559539&set=pb.120647077976625.-2207520000.1401098923.&type=3&theater
    £2021 in 2021 no.17 £1,093.20/£2021
  • MrsMarine
    MrsMarine Posts: 14 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My hubby was on Herrick 14 and some of the lads wrote to Nuts Magazine, they obliged by sending out individual packages - think they had magazines, sweets, flags and toy planes to make.

As a previous person has said sending a pic of the lads out there will probably help a lot.

Good luck.
  • MrsLP
    MrsLP Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hubby says that Haribo have always been generous, and he's also recently received a package from Jelly Belly! Good luck :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure