Options
1235»

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    best of luck with the job hunting lovey :D
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • MCBIRNIE25
    Options
    I got no kids, i did wanna say keep your chin up though, there are some fab people on here, and it will all be ok in the end. A swap club sounds a good idea, or how about taking it further, setting up a business. Advertise for sitters, make some chea flyers, 15 quid per 1000 telling people about the service etc, check references for sitters, and work out how much you charge., With nannies charging thru the roof, and babysitters, last minute especially being in demand, you could do ok, esp if clients know they have been vetted etc. I have a full buisiness plan on this from when my ex partner set it up, she did ok out of it, u could have a copy if ya wanted it.
    Keep smiling.
  • sweetpeas_2
    Options
    hiya Lil'H. Just read your thread and felt the need even though youve since posted to say things are looking up for you-which is good :rotfl: .
    Im 21 and have 2 kids and although i am married and we both work, sometimes i feel like dh isnt on the same wavelength as me in regards to our financial situation. we have more going out each month and sometimes i feel at the end of my fraying rope. i also sometimes think i might do better on my own with kids in a council house, even though i love dh dearly.
    well done for posting on here, im new but i do know these guys go out of their way to help you.
    keep your chin up, remember your son needs you, and remember also that there is a light at the end of every tunnel :)

take care xxx
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just seen this thread and wanted to send supportive hugs from one single Mum to another with a similarly aged child.

Everyone has given great advice and support, the only additional thing that might be of benefit is to contact your local Health Visitor on some ideas as to how to help your son feel more secure after what his Dad said to him. My HV was brilliant when he was going through some school bullying problems (chat, some child-friendly ways of discussing it with pictures) and the County Nurse contacted me for some info as they do a 5 yr old health check and she was able to to diplomatically broach the situation as part of her work in the school. Made the school be more attentive too.

Sounds like you're making some good plans in the other areas too. Good luck!
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • lil'H
    lil'H Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    MCBIRNIE25 wrote:
    I got no kids, i did wanna say keep your chin up though, there are some fab people on here, and it will all be ok in the end. A swap club sounds a good idea, or how about taking it further, setting up a business. Advertise for sitters, make some chea flyers, 15 quid per 1000 telling people about the service etc, check references for sitters, and work out how much you charge., With nannies charging thru the roof, and babysitters, last minute especially being in demand, you could do ok, esp if clients know they have been vetted etc. I have a full buisiness plan on this from when my ex partner set it up, she did ok out of it, u could have a copy if ya wanted it.
    Keep smiling.

Thanks, sounds great and I know would work round here, unfortunately the reason I know it would work is that there is already a service in this area that has been running for 25 years! :rotfl: Having said that tough, I don't see them advertised much, so wondering how many people actually know.:confused:

Lil'H
    Riding out the receession.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family