argos clearance

Just thought you might be interested in Argos' 'outlet' shops. They are called 'Clearance Bargains' and are usually situated on trading estates. All of the goods have either been returned or are end of line. If they have been returned 'opened' but unused then they are 'Manager's Specials'. The rest have just been returned but Argos can't resell them in their shops because they are considered 'second-hand' regardless of whether or not they have been opened. None have been returned faulty (because they can't sell them on of they are.) I have bought loads of stuff (electrical items are particularly good buys - e.g. 42" sony bravia lcd tv with freeview - £399! works perfectly.) Google it for one nearest you - all of you in county durham - there's one in Stanley! Check them out, some super bargains.:T

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    been to the one in stanley while visiting relatives its full of tat ! beware of the prices because the rrp on one item was inflated so it looked a better deal than it actually was !!
  • I just wanted to say that I bought a Indesit cooker (moonstone) fully wrapped never used for £249 at the clearence shop in stanley, in the Argos catalogue it was for £499!!! I will always shop there before I ever buy any goods.

To reply to CHRISSYG I agree but the shop isnt always full of tat they change goods everyweek but for xmas presents for kids its excellent!! if your a single parent this shop is a godsend!
  • We have got one near us (Walsall). I agreed that some of the prices are high compared to online, normally electronic goods as they are using RRP from the catalogue and prices can change a lot in this time. I suppose if you are looking for something in particular it is good to have some prices from other stores and not to get carried away with the RRP. It is also worth remembering that they do not have the same returns policy (e.g. 30 days if you do not like it) as Argos.
  • Greatgimp
    Greatgimp Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    If anyone's interested, the seller
    clearancebargains-uks.gif

on ebay is, in my opinion, selling ex-stock Argos items.
  • Greatgimp wrote: »
    If anyone's interested, the seller
    clearancebargains-uks.gif

on ebay is, in my opinion, selling ex-stock Argos items.

think it is them, i just ordered off this ebay seller and very chuffed with price and delivery.
  • Does anyone know the opening hours of the Stanley Clearance Bargains?
  • oosaboos
    oosaboos Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think the opening hours are 10-6 and 8pm on some nights. Open 7days a week. Also it is definitely them on ebay. As for the 'tat' it depends on what you think is 'tat'. I reckon you get what you pay for and to get bargains you have to be discerning about what you want - if you like it and you think its a good price - then its a bargain! I have definitely had some very good deals there.:cheesy:
  • lilylou_2
    lilylou_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Anyone know of one in the south east please??
    wins so far 0:confused:
    freebies 2 dior mascaras,chilli almonds.
  • salesadmin
    salesadmin Posts: 271 Forumite
    There in one in Corby, Northamptonshire. Well worth a visit :)
    Married 5th June 2010
    1st Baby born 12th April 2011:j
  • avensis
    avensis Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi All
    Forgive me father for I have sinned, its been about 6 weeks since my last post and since then i have
    1, claimed back some ppi
    2, found a site called www.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its all about free stuff and what you have to do to get it. Im still looking in to it at the moment so, Il keep ya posted
    3, Filled in more surveys than I care to mention
    4, Complained to Mutual Points because I registered 3 cards (all in use) with their site about 4 months ago and no points have been added after 4 emails to them. I did recieve 1 reply after my third email asking me to be more specific about my query...... Grrrrr
    & MY GRAND FINALE
    5, I for the very first time in my working history "Got the sack" and have no idea what to do to pay my rent except sell my worth - Im 28 and dont have the first idea how to sign on so burying ones head in a bucket of sand hoping all will go away whilst mending ones pride feels good enough right now. Not the right answer I know

Anywho, my nearest dearest would like me to ask if there is an argos clearence place anywhere near Gloucester???

Peace out for now and thanks for listening.... Hope everyone is doing well

big kiss
    marie
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business