Milk Tokens (Information)

2»

Comments

• emsywoo123
    emsywoo123 Posts: 5,440 Forumite
    azjh77 wrote: »
    I think she is probably earning too much at the moment. To get the tokens you either need to be on income support or claiming CTC but not WTC (this is why I only work 14 hours per week instead of 16)

If she puts in a claim now she will be told she can't have it. Is she going back to work after? I couldn't claim until my Maternity allowance ended and I got my new contract on 14 hours.

She will need to work out whether it is worth getting an extra £5.40 a week, but losing her working tax credit.... works out better for us as we get free school dinners for the kids etc.

hi I do not know if you can help but you sound very knowledgeable!! I am an SP looking to go back to work (on IS at mo) and cannot work out if I would be better off doing 15 or 17 hours a week?!:confused:
  • lynn44
    lynn44 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Number has changed now to 08456076823 its called healthy start vouchers and for under 4 yrs old
    I would love to be a Travel Agent :j
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    emsywoo123 wrote: »
    hi I do not know if you can help but you sound very knowledgeable!! I am an SP looking to go back to work (on IS at mo) and cannot work out if I would be better off doing 15 or 17 hours a week?!:confused:
    i found my lone parent advisor very helpful for this sort of what if query ring local jobcentre plus and ask to speak to them
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    I have only just seen a leaflet at my job center about healthy start - and see that I qualify for vouchers for my 3yr old - but no one has ever told me about this!!! I have been on benefit for 6 months now - so do they back date it to when you started your benefit claim does anyone know?

I have started to fill the form out online.
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    I'm really annoyed as I have just phoned them and they say it is not backdated!!! I'm just wondering who should have advised me about this scheme - is it the job center or the child tax credit? I think I shall complain.
  • india
    india Posts: 685 Forumite
    When I claimed Tax credit and Income support no one advised me it was only when I joined new deal at a later date the advisor told me about the scheme.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure