Experian background checks

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
edited 17 August 2017 at 6:00PM in Credit file & ratings
Hi

OK so I managed to respond to a job advertisement without it displaying background checks would be required, managed to fill in an application form with no mention, managed to attend a job interview without it being mentioned, got a verbal offer without it being mentioned and have now seen that dreaded just as a single line appear in an offer letter with no other accompanying information, only days before I am due to start.
I know I'm absolutely totally jinxed given my previous posts this week!!

Does anyone know with this check, Experian are mentioned specifically, would I be given a form to complete? (As I would have a declaration financially to make and absolutely not given any previous opportunity to do so) will I get that chance?

I've tried searching but all I get is for the companies benefit of doing it.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Richey_
    Richey_ Posts: 334 Forumite
    Hi
    If your job is non government then it is most likely just public data such as if you have a bankruptcy, ccj etc but not account specifics. It also reads that they will run dbs checks, check references etc, seems kind of a one stop shop for employers http://www.experian.co.uk/background-checking/pre-employment-screening.html

For government jobs where any advanced security clearances are required and this also includes Police, Miliatary, Civil Services for enhanced posts then they get your full Experian history for the last 6 years. It shows up for 12 months as a soft search so only visible to you.

What job have you gone for?
  • cjmillsnun
    cjmillsnun Posts: 615 Forumite
    I had one for my job. I had 6 defaults at the time so I wouldn't worry.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • Richey_ wrote: »

What job have you gone for?

Call Centre Assistant ! With no HR dept just an older manager, I even wrote about life experiences in my application on the why do you want the job. My biggest fear was job history not this.

I've worse then defaults I've a 5 year DRO so I know I'm going to have to say cringingly and means I'm probably dead in the water on this, just hope thinking about it they don't think I'm finding an excuse not to work.

Bless you both, thanks enormously for the replies xx
  • Richey_
    Richey_ Posts: 334 Forumite
    I am sure you will be fine, from experience things like this areclmost honesty tests. You will be fine and good luck with your new job :)
  • Thanks for all your help, massively appreciate it.

As an update, I've explained now and been told to turn up for first day and that it will go into the hands of the 'FCA approved person' at the company.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport