PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 17 July 2017

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    A quick hello from sunny Shropshire. I have been reading, but not good commenting on this tablet, hopefully switch back later.

Virtual hugs to Karcher, Dumpling and Judi, also to anyone who needs one.

Need to shake some tail feathers and see what is achievable today. Osteoptath later:D:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all.

judi what a horrid situation for you all. I hope he makes an appearance today.

Well I'm still laying in bed which is unheard of at this time but I am so very tired. I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. Anyway I'm about to get up and put wm on and have a quick tidy up and walk the dog before work. It's my full day at work today so DS will be havingdinner at my my mum's. Not yet sure what I'll have but if the ham in the fridge is still edible it will likely be a ham sandwich, crisps and some grit and yog.

Have a good day everyone :)
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Judi, I hope you have some news soon. Dumpling, can't you get the CAMHS person to contact the psychiatrist and try to get a referral to someone else. surely any psychiatrist worth their salt will understand that not everyone will feel comfortable with them and that it doesn't help your mental state to worry so much about it. Why not write it down if you don't want to talk about it.

Back from a very quiet weekend in Yorkshire, we did a lovely circular walk from Langcliffe taking in Stainforth Force. We had a picnic but went into the cafe at Stainforth and had tea and cake and when we got back to Langcliffe tea was being served in the Institute there but I refused cake.

DS and DW have had their house offer accepted so now they need theirs to sell.

I need to go grocery shopping but will then see how the day unfolds.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Dry and bright here, we are set for a warm day.

Didn't sleep so well and big dog has had an upset tummy this morning so only just having a coffee, no breakfast for me!
    The WM is on, will change the bed next and then whizz through the house ahead of hot temps for the next couple of days, will need to get into town for a card as dear friends of ours have just got married on the quiet so would like to send something.
    Judi all your natural instincts must be to protect, hope you hear something soon x

Right, time to get going, have a good day folks x
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thinking of you [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Judi[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So disappointed with the advice yesterday. Apparantly I should be doing the complete opposite of what the vet, behaviourist, online articles written by dog trainers/behaviourists, friends with dogs and a FB group with over 11,000 members (including trainers) say. Very long story short – I was hoping for Victoria Stilwell and got Cesar Millan. I could give examples but it's very long and I expect you'll be bored/irritated, lol. I suddenly had a VERY painful hip and couldn't possibly walk any further, I'm so sorry but I'll have to cut this short and go back to the car :D[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Getting back to the car was like going through a moving maze, the cows had moved near the road and we had to pick our way through them to get near the car. There were seven cows surrounding it :D Mr tru shooed them off gently and I legged it around the other side when one showed an interest in Scampi and they had a short staring contest :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've picked some onions, potatoes and salad leaves, there's plenty more out there so those three things have been knocked off the shopping list for a while. Broad beans are ready too but I don't feel like I've saved money with those (though of course I have) because I've never bought them from a shop :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Work this morning, then I'll get some housework done and do an online shop. It's supposed to be hot and muggy later, or not, depending on which forecast I listen too, lol. I'll either be gardening or reading, depending on how hot it is.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hugs for Judi, karcher and dumpling who are going through a tough time at the moment Hope things improve for you all.
    and Good Morning all, bright and sunny at the moment and the forecast is good. Had a nice day with DD yesterday, she is a good lass and we tided up the plot at the cemetery where DB and DM are buried and laid some nice flowers down . as it a bit of a journey we normally have lunch out on the way back and we went into Cafe Rouge in Blackheath and had a very nice snack of baguettes and coffee, then drove back to her house where we watched the men's finals on TV.really pleased Federer won, although I felt for the other chap as well.

Son-in-law cooked a delicious leg of lamb for dinner last night and I came home with some for tonight's evening meal, plus a pineapple and coconut ice cream sorbet that DD tried and wasn't keen on, so I will try that tonight for pudding :)

Not much to do today ,and I'll be off round to DDs as DGS Henry is on his own, and he will help me fill up their garden rubbish bin for the bin men tomorrow.
    probably walk her dogs as well later if its not too hot

Hope you all have a great Monday and the sun shines down on you all

Take care

Cheers JackieO xxx
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning everyone,

Happy Monday :)

Although the forecast was positive, there's nothing but grey skies.

On Saturday I visited my new niece for the first time. What a little bundle of joy, absolutely beautiful. My sister-in-law is South Korean so there's a mix which is just gorgeous. Her mother and father are over for another week, so we're letting them have some time with the little bundle of joy. Our fear is that they'll try and persuade them to move to South Korea at some point in the future. I recon they will.

My gran got results back from a heart echo and in short, it's not good. A blockage of some sort in the main valve. So although she's living life as per normal just now, it was described as a ticking time bomb. At 82, they recon she's too old for surgery. Not such good news :(

I've been the gym this morning. Managed most of the housework last night so I've not much planned for this evening.

Judi - Just read up there. Hope you hear some good news today.
    Tru - Hope this hip feels better today.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all

I hope you have some good news today Judi, what a worry.
    tru - all this advice must be mind boggling, you know Scampi best and you seem to be doing a great job so far.

The sun is shining here, both DS2 and gf are at work, I think I'll have a cycle along to the beach and maybe get some lunch there.

Hope your gran is ok Speky, the baby sounds beautiful.

Have a good day, take care. Xx
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    I have been reading but not posting but i just wanted to send hugs and gentle thoughts as so many of us seem to have worries and troubles I hope today brings you some peace and time for yourselves to recharge your batteries x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 July 2017 at 10:23PM
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. Judi I hope your son turns up soon.

Well its a bright morning, we have had cereal, I will do bacon sandwiches around 11am, we need to be away from here before the hearse arrives, it will block the cul de sac. Don't really want to move the car onto the road. It is going to be a difficult day.

I did manage to watch the men's final yesterday, I thought Federer would win, it would have been nice for his opponent to have done a bit better. It was a bit of a walkover.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure