GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    GB Energy/Co-op are not transparent with how they review and calculate DD amount. They were not prepared to answer with any detail. Not sure whether this is typical and no doubt not part of Ofgem requirements. Obviously considered satisfactory practice by suppliers. Cant see the energy market improving in being simpler and transparent.
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    My Topaz tariff is coming to an end , had an email from them giving me 2 choices, their variable rate a 60% increase or a 25% increase for 'My GB Lite 2018'. This tariff doesn't even exist when logging on to my account so there's no way to switch to it ! :wall:

They omitted to mention the 3rd option, leaving, trouble is the cheapest for me is Extra Energy, who I've been with before, crap customer service and non-existent bills but cheap. Might have to bite the EE bullet again, price is everything.
  • sidbee
    sidbee Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    [FONT=&quot]My fixed tariff contract (fixed 12 Ruby) ended on 7 May. I switched to a different supplier, and their supply started 16 May The final bill from GB Energy supply was incorrect because it charged me at their variable Premium Energy Saver tariff from 7 May. They should have charged for the whole period on the fixed 12 Ruby tariff, as my new supplier had contacted them in good time and the switch was completed within a reasonable period.

When I pointed out the incorrect billing they produced a corrected account, saying that the system automatically switched me to the variable tariff on the expiry of the fixed tariff period. OK, not a huge amount involved for 9 days supply, but if they are trying this on with everyone who switches when a fixed tariff ends then it probably adds up to a tidy sum for them from people who don't check their final bill.

[/FONT]
    sidbee
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    sidbee wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]My fixed tariff contract (fixed 12 Ruby) ended on 7 May. I switched to a different supplier, and their supply started 16 May The final bill from GB Energy supply was incorrect because it charged me at their variable Premium Energy Saver tariff from 7 May. They should have charged for the whole period on the fixed 12 Ruby tariff, as my new supplier had contacted them in good time and the switch was completed within a reasonable period.

When I pointed out the incorrect billing they produced a corrected account, saying that the system automatically switched me to the variable tariff on the expiry of the fixed tariff period. OK, not a huge amount involved for 9 days supply, but if they are trying this on with everyone who switches when a fixed tariff ends then it probably adds up to a tidy sum for them from people who don't check their final bill.

[/FONT]

I'll look out for that, just initiated a switch away from them today. They do seem to be a bit of a shambles. They won't be retaining many customers if they send out emails offering tariffs that don't exist and you can't switch to !
  • sidbee
    sidbee Posts: 49 Forumite
    Mr_K wrote: »
    I'll look out for that, just initiated a switch away from them today. They do seem to be a bit of a shambles. They won't be retaining many customers if they send out emails offering tariffs that don't exist and you can't switch to !

Yep, had the same thing before my switch - they offered me a 'saving' at the end of my fixed contract if I went to an unpublished special tariff instead of their standard variable tariff. As I didn't believe their figures I asked them for details of the unit price and standing charge. Instead if revealing them they replied that the tariff wasn't available to me as I was an electricity only customer and it was only being offered to dual fuel customers - this despite the fact that the letter telling me about the "special" deal was headed "Your fixed price electricity tariff ends soon" and named the tariff as "GB Online Exclusive May 2018 Elec". I'm undecided whether they are simply incompetent or deliberately trying to mislead (surely not........ :()!
    sidbee
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 June 2017 at 1:35AM
    I officially switched from GB Energy Supply to Green Network Energy on 15th May. I was 19p in credit on my 9th May bill with GB Energy supply. But it looks like my IGT supplied gas is in limbo as it's still showing active with GB Energy as well as with my new supplier. My Electric left them on the 4th May. My meter readings were given on the 10th May.

I am still technically on the Topaz tariff with the gas until 6th June then as they haven't closed my gas account. GB Energy have taken another direct debit out today with the increased gas and electric summer payment amount as if I'm still with them on the variable Premium Energy Saver tariff.

I'm paying dual fuel energy to two companies at the same time, when officially I should only be paying my new supplier from the 15th May which I already have.

What should I do?

Update:

I called the Consumer Energy Helpline on 03454 040506 option 1 who in my circumstances put me through to GB Energy Helpline's complaints escalation team.
    They're going to finalise my bill today and try and fast track a refund into my account within the next seven days.

It has had something to do with the delay of confirmation back of my final gas reading from my new supplier Green Network Energy. IGT problems when switching again! But as i pointed out it's the same one i gave both of them on the same day. So that's why it should be easy for them to get it resolved and finalised. We'll see. GB Energy are emailing me back later today they said.

Apparently Project Nexus hasn't affected my switch according to the Consumer Helpline. But going forward in the future when that's completed by the 6th June, we IGT customers won't have to go through this same old c*** every time we switch. We'll see.

Update: I waited two days for the email back from GB Energy Supply. They have now finalised my account and I owed them about £3 in the end. They're crediting me back the £26 or so they now owe me in the next 7 days. I got a copy of the final bill with the email and received a paper copy in the post today.

I'm really grateful to the Energy Consumer Helpline for giving GB Energy Supply a push to get things finalised.
  • Chip47
    Chip47 Posts: 8 Forumite
    I change electricty/gas supplier regularily, however, this morning Equifax have dropped my credit score by 14 points purely as a result of an E.O.N hard search. This has never happened before. Is it now that everytime I change electric/gas suppliers my credit card score will take a drop? This has really made me think twice about changing supplier! :(
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Chip47 wrote: »
    I change electricty/gas supplier regularily, however, this morning Equifax have dropped my credit score by 14 points purely as a result of an E.O.N hard search. This has never happened before. Is it now that everytime I change electric/gas suppliers my credit card score will take a drop? This has really made me think twice about changing supplier! :(
    You've posted on the wrong thread Chip47.

It's currently the one listed underneath this one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4132951&page=4
  • Chip47
    Chip47 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Opps, too many windows open!
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    Similarly just had an email from GB Energy reminding me my current (and excellent) fixed term (electricity only) expires end July. And inviting me to extend for another year via a tariff (My GB Lite 2018 Elec) that apparently doesn't exist. Either on their website or via my account.

As it's virtually the best on offer (despite the 20% hike) rang them this morning and have been switched across manually.

The GB Lite is usually a dual fuel only but has been opened up to either fuel (existing?) customers. Unfortunately their IT doesn't acknowledge it yet.

Have to say it's the first 'issue' I've had since the takeover by Co-Op in late Nov. So content to stay a further year. And particularly as the slightly better price option is Bristol, whose feedback is as bad as it gets.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure