Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Afternoony everyone

Well Easter's over there's no more choc or bad stuff in the house so I'm back on the wagon and trying to behave! I have 6 weigh ins left until my nephew's christening so I'd love to be able to get into some clothes the next size down and feel good about myself in the zillions of photos that will probably be taken :mad: I have 8.5lbs to get into the next stone bracket - I'd love to think I could get there

Well done beanie on SOTW :T

Lois Lane I will be 50 later this year,and I have never liked mushrooms.Whenever I get them on a fried breakfast (eating out,etc),I swap with OH.

Ooh another staunch mushroom hater here - I think it's the texture of them I don't like as they don't really taste of much do they? When I was younger and lived at home my dad used to try and sneak bits of mushroom into my meals and I could always spot even the tiniest bit :rotfl: It takes over my life though - constantly asking waiters if things are served with mushrooms, OH gets so embarrassed by it! Maybe one day I will learn to tolerate them

Hope everyone has a good day, lots of sunshine here but still a bit nippy
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    joedenise wrote: »

Saverupper - if you can get it try to but Lighter than Light mayo as it's only 0.5 syns per Tbs. As far as I know the only one you can get is He**manns (but if anyone knows better please let me know!)

Denise

Aldi also do a Lighter than Light mayo - same Syns. HTH
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hello to everyone here! Is it worth the membership costs if I want to just lose about 10lbs? How effective is slimming world? Apologies in advance for the questions. Im thinking of joining up
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I love mushrooms, but aren't allowed them :(
    Hubby really hates mushrooms, but I found grating them in to mince bulked it out nicely with speed, but hubby didn't notice them.

Missli wrote: »
    Hello to everyone here! Is it worth the membership costs if I want to just lose about 10lbs? How effective is slimming world? Apologies in advance for the questions. Im thinking of joining up

Whether it's worth it depends very much on you. Would you be able to stick to it by yourself? The fact that you are asking the question possibly means you can't.

For 10 lb it shouldn't cost you for that many weeks if you follow it seriously. I believe the daily mail has a voucher for joining for free at the moment, which will save you the joining fee, so you would only have the weekly fee to pay.
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,555 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary

I certainly think it's worthwhile. Originally I planned to lose 1st 7lb but when I went to see my GP about something else she told me that because of the medical problems I have I needed to put most of it back on! I had to raise my target so that my loss is now only 13lb when I am bang on target.

As Katheryn says if you think you could do it by yourself then you could but as you're asking the question I suspect the answer is no!

It's worth joining even for a few weeks just to make sure you can get your head around the plan properly. It takes some people several weeks to understand the plan properly. Also, SW guarantee that if you don't lose anything in the first 4 weeks you'll get your money back but you must complete and hand in 4 weekly food diaries - and apparently in the 40 odd years it's been going they haven't had to make a refund.

With 10lb to lose you can probably do that in a couple of months.

Go on, give it a go - you know you want to:rotfl:. Remember you're worth a couple of hours of "me" time which is what group becomes.

Good luck.

Denise
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    No worries Saver-upper, I was going it alone until recently and always asking for syn values on here so it's nice to be able to pay it forward now I'm an online member.

I love love love mushrooms! When I was little my mam used to give me a bag of raw mushrooms to eat instead of sweets. I had about eight in my lunch today :D So happy they're speed!

Did a 4.6 mile interval running session this morning and it was hard. I could really feel the effects of a gluttonous week in my belly - I felt like I was carrying so much extra out in front of me :( Good motivation I guess.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Remember you're worth a couple of hours of "me" time which is what group becomes.

I love this Denise - this morning I saw someone on Instagram describe her healthy eating (WW) as "taking care" of herself, such a good way of looking at it and puts a positive spin on something that I, personally, often feel is some sort of punishment.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 April 2017 at 3:21PM
    Caravan days went ok but had a horrible day yesterday with someone and his wife being awful to me on social media...unfortunately I also have to work with him :/ trying not to think about it to be honest as I'm applying for other jobs on the quiet anyway. Anxiety levels though through the roof and my lovely friend has said I really should go to the dr/call our health insurance helpline about it as I never have done and it's interrupting life considerably more often than not

Not really on it today as I was so unprepared this morning/last night so today has been: cereal bar and mini malt loaf for brekkie (1/2heb and 6 syn?) 2 cup of tea and a chicken mugshot (roast chicken so 1 syn I think) :/ will probably have a jacket potato for tea with beans/other free filling.

need more speed in the way of lettuce and cucumber but forgot to bring my purse to work like an idiot so will have to go out for those after feeding myself and littlie tonight (OH is having leftovers)

hoping to salvage the week and still end the challenge on a teeny tiny loss!

Ready to go for the next challenge though and have an achievable goal in mind...I think!

No worries Saver-upper, I was going it alone until recently and always asking for syn values on here so it's nice to be able to pay it forward now I'm an online member.

how are you finding the online membership? I hear mixed reviews but I've not really got the time to commit to group every week at the moment. thinking about stumping up for online and at least getting access to most things
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I love mushrooms, but aren't allowed them :(
    Hubby really hates mushrooms, but I found grating them in to mince bulked it out nicely with speed, but hubby didn't notice them.

Whether it's worth it depends very much on you. Would you be able to stick to it by yourself? The fact that you are asking the question possibly means you can't.

For 10 lb it shouldn't cost you for that many weeks if you follow it seriously. I believe the daily mail has a voucher for joining for free at the moment, which will save you the joining fee, so you would only have the weekly fee to pay.
    I certainly think it's worthwhile. Originally I planned to lose 1st 7lb but when I went to see my GP about something else she told me that because of the medical problems I have I needed to put most of it back on! I had to raise my target so that my loss is now only 13lb when I am bang on target.

As Katheryn says if you think you could do it by yourself then you could but as you're asking the question I suspect the answer is no!

It's worth joining even for a few weeks just to make sure you can get your head around the plan properly. It takes some people several weeks to understand the plan properly. Also, SW guarantee that if you don't lose anything in the first 4 weeks you'll get your money back but you must complete and hand in 4 weekly food diaries - and apparently in the 40 odd years it's been going they haven't had to make a refund.

With 10lb to lose you can probably do that in a couple of months.

Go on, give it a go - you know you want to:rotfl:. Remember you're worth a couple of hours of "me" time which is what group becomes.

Good luck.

Denise

I've just weighed myself using some new digital scales. My others were useless, and I weigh 142lbs. I need to lose around 17, so I'm definitely going to join.
    I'm not one for big group activities but I think you're right, I'm worth losing a few £s for a few lbs! :D
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I've just weighed myself using some new digital scales. My others were useless, and I weigh 142lbs. I need to lose around 17, so I'm definitely going to join.
    I'm not one for big group activities but I think you're right, I'm worth losing a few £s for a few lbs! :D

I find its definitely worth staying to group. My group are all so lovely and supportive
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport