IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help! Ukpc have 'photographic evidence' which isn't real

Options

Comments

• Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    was the sun out ?
    if it was very easy to prove the time they were taken
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Minnie87
    Minnie87 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies and advice!!

I guess the only evidence I have is a txt I sent to the friend I met in the car park stating 08:15 to be the meeting time (yes I was late lol) then my friend being a witness to me arriving after her. My friend had been shopping at morisons accross the road before she met me and kept receipts if that helps. I went past at least 1 road camera on my way to the car park and there are some cameras in the area but I'm guessing I can't just ask for a copy of footage. I myself don't have any reciepts tho.
    I didn't appeal on anything else just the times.
    Ralph-y who do I ask for digital copies? Would it be ukpc themselves?
    Would the police entertain this?
    How do I find out who owns the land?
    It was sunny with cloud that day and looking at the shadow it doesn't seem to have moved a lot in over 2 hours but they were taken at slightly different angles so not 100% sure but they look like same shadow. Also I was looking at the clouds and there is a cloud that looks very similar but 2 hours apart and it doesn't help with the Angels of their photo or the trees. Is there anyway I can upload photos here for you all to have a look? They are off my phone tho and won't be able to cover number plate
    Thank you
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    "Ralph-y who do I ask for digital copies? Would it be ukpc themselves?"

I asked the question because I am not sure if you can demand / insist ....

but yes ask them......

just thought .......

did the pic arrive by email?

Ralph:cool:
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    copy photos to a desktop , use the black marker in Microsoft paint , and upload using photobucket , or tinipics

however as mentioned , the parking prankster has blogged this , and shown how easy it is to alter photos

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/uk-parking-control-apparently.html
  • Ralph-y
    Options
    yes .... but .......

we are talking about ex clamper knuckle dusting .........

I did hope that this would stay under the radar ......

"As far as detecting an amateur job, there is generally a file creation date in meta data of the file system itself that could be examined and compared to the EXIF metadata, but if they are good at it, they will have altered both and there is some possibility of the file system values getting lost depending on how the file is transferred, so it may not even be reliable."

• Parking-Prankster
    Options
    Minnie87 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your replies and advice!!

I guess the only evidence I have is a txt I sent to the friend I met in the car park stating 08:15 to be the meeting time (yes I was late lol) then my friend being a witness to me arriving after her. My friend had been shopping at morisons accross the road before she met me and kept receipts if that helps. I went past at least 1 road camera on my way to the car park and there are some cameras in the area but I'm guessing I can't just ask for a copy of footage. I myself don't have any reciepts tho.
    I didn't appeal on anything else just the times.
    Ralph-y who do I ask for digital copies? Would it be ukpc themselves?
    Would the police entertain this?
    How do I find out who owns the land?
    It was sunny with cloud that day and looking at the shadow it doesn't seem to have moved a lot in over 2 hours but they were taken at slightly different angles so not 100% sure but they look like same shadow. Also I was looking at the clouds and there is a cloud that looks very similar but 2 hours apart and it doesn't help with the Angels of their photo or the trees. Is there anyway I can upload photos here for you all to have a look? They are off my phone tho and won't be able to cover number plate
    Thank you

Email them to me and I will add them to the blog and redact the numberplate and link them here

[EMAIL="prankster@parking-prankster.com"]prankster@parking-prankster.com[/EMAIL]
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • Ralph-y
    Options
    please please do ^^^^^^^^^^

he knows what he is about !

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 August 2015 at 1:42AM
    Options
    op - do get a police crime ref. no. as herzlos advises, #8.

This can be quoted, as and when, in any popla appeal, evidence pack or hearing, all to the good.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Minnie87
    Minnie87 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Ralph-y I'll ask and yes they were emailed to me.

I've sent pictures to parking prankster.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure