Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    clive80
    Gifted deposit question
    • 8th Apr 12, 9:45 PM
    Gifted deposit question 8th Apr 12 at 9:45 PM
    Hi.
    I have just come across this site and i am looking for some help with my/our future mortgage application.

Situation is as follows.
    We currently rent but want to buy.
    I earn 23k a year, very clean credit file, no credit cards, loans or other commitments.
    My partner who has just had a baby does'nt obv work, but has a terrible credit history. Had several defaulted debts in past and a ccj or two, have all been paid within last year, so as I understand it come 6 years will be clean.
    However partners mum has given her 40k as a deposit.
    Have been looking in paper a properties valued at around 125k.

I know that we have no chance of a joint application and if by chance we could get approved we would be on a terrible rate i should imagine.
    So my QUESTION IS do lenders frown upon/ decline gifted deposits from a partner who is not named on the mortgage???
    i.e a sole application in just my name.

Many thanks.
Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,870Posts Today

7,060Users online

Martin's Twitter