Warning if you use contactless payments

Comments

• Sncjw wrote: »
    I'm sorry but how does that work because usually the card machine resets when the shopping is scanned. Usually by the time your shopping is done eap for just under £30 stuff the previous customer would be gone and no where near the machine
    I have no idea how this happened but it did happen.

Tesco could not explain it either. The manager was the one who explained that the previous customer had paid for my shopping.
  • Sooler wrote: »
    You actually do have a contactless card, you put the card close enough to activate contactless payment when trying to put it in the slot.

You picked up the previous customers receipt.

That explains it :dance:
    I do not have a contactless card and was given the receipt.
  • Sorry but I just don't believe the OP's scenario.........
    I have used contactless cards since they first became available sometimes maybe 10 times a week.
    Never had any problems at all.
    HTH
    I am pleased you have not had any problems with your contactless card.

However that does not mean that my experience with my non-contactless card is untrue
  • Sooler wrote: »
    You actually do have a contactless card, you put the card close enough to activate contactless payment when trying to put it in the slot.

You picked up the previous customers receipt.

That explains it :dance:
    i do not have a contactless card, and was given the receipt by the cashier.

Why would you assume i do not know what kind of card i have? and randomly picked up someone else's receipt? as if that was a normal thing to do.
  • sheila50
    sheila50 Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2017 at 5:13AM
    robatwork wrote: »
    Tin hatted nonsense.

For future googlers - this didn't happen.
    Why would you state that this did not happen?

Are you a troll?

you seem to be extremely negative.
  • Loanranger
    Loanranger Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    Sheila, has your bank recently sent you a new bank card?
  • I've never even thought about anything like this happening. I've not noticed this type of problem with myself using contactless but will definitely be more aware from now on.
    My card isn't contactless so i never thought about this either. I hope the person who paid for my shopping managed to get a refund, because Tesco hasn't contacted me.

Since this happened i was told that a contactless in a bag or pocket can pay for items if the person walks close enough to a paying device.
  • sheila50
    edited 13 October 2017 at 12:18AM
    Loanranger wrote: »
    Sheila, has your bank recently sent you a new bank card?
    No my card expiry is next year.

But my other bank sent me a new card this week and it is a contactless card. When i called them to say i did not want a contactless and could they send a replacement, they informed me that they no longer make non-contactless cards. I will not be using this new card or the bank it came from.
  • Loanranger
    Loanranger Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    Maybe it was your other new card that made the payment?
    You can wrap your cards in tin foil or buy a rfid purse to prevent unintentional payments.
  • sheila50
    Loanranger wrote: »
    Maybe it was your other new card that made the payment?
    You can wrap your cards in tin foil or buy a rfid purse to prevent unintentional payments.
    my other card was not contactless until this week and has not left the house, please read the original post
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure