Freebies board chat thread

sarah1972
sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
Senior Ambassador
edited 11 January 2022 at 1:05PM in Freebies (no spend required)
New shiny chat thread, Thanks to Lorweld for posting the original 2008 thread.

:hello: Hi to all new forum members you can use this thread to ask any questions about the freebie board.

And all forum members can use this to chat with each other.
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Can you complain about freebies/low spends? 105 votes

Yes - You still have rights
31% 33 votes
Maybe (please explain below)
8% 9 votes
No - Can't complain, you didn't pay
60% 63 votes

Comments

• Can anyone remember that deal for a years subscription of Radio Times magazines, you had to set up a direct debit but cancel your order after the fist payment went out?

When is the first payment due can anyone remember?

I'm not sure if it was a grabbit or a freebie??
  • sarah1972
    Senior Ambassador
    Chanonica wrote: »
    Can anyone remember that deal for a years subscription of Radio Times magazines, you had to set up a direct debit but cancel your order after the fist payment went out?

It must have been a grabbit if there was a spend involved?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Chanonica wrote: »
    Can anyone remember that deal for a years subscription of Radio Times magazines, you had to set up a direct debit but cancel your order after the fist payment went out?

Mines come out already, £1,then immediatly after £31.20
    I ve emailed them ,as i m sure it should nt have been taken yet,we ve only recieved 2 copies,hope this helps :(
  • I have not received one copy! I can't see it leaving the account so maybe I set it up wrong. What date did the payments leave for you?

Thanks so much for replying.
  • hi, i'm new to all of this only joined today. Can somebody please help, how do you get freebies? Do you just follow links that other peple have posted. Please help xx
  • sarah1972
    Senior Ambassador
    jensgra wrote: »
    hi, i'm new to all of this only joined today. Can somebody please help, how do you get freebies? Do you just follow links that other peple have posted. Please help xx

Welcome to MSE :beer:

Basically if the post looks like a freebie that you fancy then follow the link in the post and apply for the freebie.

Unfotunately nothing is guarenteed but sometimes the postie surprises you :)
  • iSaving
    iSaving Posts: 117
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I spotted another really nice freebie yesterday, but it is location based and only available for one day, Am I allowed to post this type of thing?
  • sarah1972
    Senior Ambassador
    iSaving wrote: »
    I spotted another really nice freebie yesterday, but it is location based and only available for one day, Am I allowed to post this type of thing?

yep if its free :beer:
  • anyone been to the NEC Birmingham and what freebies are they giving out?

last year there was cranberry juice, loads of cheese, truvia.

read somewhere that the best way to sample the foods is to start with the savouries,then do the fudge, biscuits and cake and then work your way to the alcohol. Must remember that as I felt quite ill with a very eclectic range of sampling last year.:D
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 264
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 December 2012 at 11:20AM
    Sorry, I've just had a competition with 1000 prizes moved off the freebie board and I don't know why? My understanding was that if there were 1000 prizes it was appropriate for the freebie board. Certainly I want to see anything that's got a thousand prizes because my experience is that you've got a 50% chance at least of winning one.

Sorry -- I have just seen that the rules have changed and these loads-of-prizes comps have to go on the comps board now. What a poor decision, and what a shame that is. Never mind.
    Make £2023 in 2023: (all decluttering), current total £2860 me, £330 for friends & family, £468 charity donations.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback