Keighley Trade Centre

Comments

• ARFUR_DAISIES_LOCK_UP
    ARFUR_DAISIES_LOCK_UP Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 June 2011 at 10:38PM
    K-T-C [KEIGHLEY TRADE CENTRE]
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS

This is the worst cowboy set up I have ever encountered, rude, ignorant, untruthful, extreme attitude problems, and totally unprofessional, I would not even describe them as amateurs as even that is too good a word for them and are totally clueless on how to look after a potential customer.
    How the hell these idiots are dealing in such quality cars beggars belief, and I am sure that if there were a web site available where customers could write honest reviews such as the travel industry has “Trip Advisor” they would be out of business in no time.
    Should you be drawn to this place by the car of your dreams I would URGE you to have the car thoroughly checked over by a professional before parting with your cash.
    I recently arranged to purchase a Merc clk and was told the car was all good with service history, I was expecting to be picked up from the local train station in the Merc but was instead picked up in a old van and when arrived at their car pitch the car was still being what they called valleted [ie tyres painted black], whilst checking the car over I noticed one of the rear panels had been resprayed, loads of bad scratches elsewhere and the bonnet needed a complete respray as it looked as if it had been attacked by flying bricks, many items on the car did not function but the best was yet to come, whilst in the office I was dealt with by the owners son whom I can only describe as an asian chav with attitude [think you’ll know what I mean by that] and whilst trying to negotiate a better price to make good the bodywork I noticed the service history book was only stamped up to 2008 so in effect three stamps missing, I mentioned to him that the car had been advertised as having a service history to which he replied it does have a service history just not a full one, I then asked him if he felt good giving potential customers answers like that to which he seemed speechless and very embarrassed, then after composing himself decided to throw his dummy out and made it plain he did not wish to sell the car to me, so had a completely wasted day in going to pick the car up.
    I consider myself one of the lucky ones as they did not have any of my cash, in fact if you check the internet it is virtually impossible to find a satisfied customer as all the reviews seem to be negative, so before ever thinking of visiting KTC just gather your senses and visit KFC instead.
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How the hell these idiots are dealing in such quality cars beggars belief
    one of the rear panels had been resprayed, loads of bad scratches elsewhere and the bonnet needed a complete respray as it looked as if it had been attacked by flying bricks, many items on the car did not function

I think you have just answered your own question there.
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I recently arranged to purchase a Merc clk and was told the car was all good with service history, ..... whilst checking the car over I noticed one of the rear panels had been resprayed, loads of bad scratches elsewhere and the bonnet needed a complete respray .... many items on the car did not function but the best was yet to come, whilst in the office I was dealt with by... an asian chav with attitude [think you’ll know what I mean by that] .... I noticed the service history book was only stamped up to 2008 ....., I then asked him if he felt good giving potential customers answers like .... after composing himself decided to throw his dummy out and made it plain he did not wish to sell the car to me, so had a completely wasted day in going to pick the car up....
    if you check the internet it is virtually impossible to find a satisfied customer as all the reviews are negative, so before ever thinking of visiting KTC just gather your senses and visit KFC instead.

Yeppers. Google first, and then complain. Shocked you even sat down to haggle with the car in that state.

Still, they sucker enough people in, they've been doing it for years (under some different names too) otherwise this thread wouldn't get bumped back up again.

5t.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Yeppers. Google first, and then complain. Shocked you even sat down to haggle with the car in that state.

to be fair arfur probably never thought to do a google and if he came by train he was probably given the talk because otherwise when he got there he would have had to walk
    so i say praise be to the arfurs of this world
    at least the sword never swung on him
  • andyw1234509
    andyw1234509 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 August 2011 at 12:04PM
    Personally I would steer clear of this lot. I called them and enquired about a BMW, I was given a definate price on my trade in then called them back to arrange a time to go up and do the deal. I came up from the South coast of the UK so the drive was 5.5 hours. When I got there I was given the keys and looked around the BMW, it's interior wasnt in keeping with its mileage so my impression was it was clocked. I never mentioned this to them and when I walked back over to the salesman (wideboy) I was told some rubbish to get me to part with an extra £1000. I was not happy and when I asked if this is their normal business practice I was threated with violence and told, if the salesman wasn't on probation for fighting i'd get it and did I know who he was (snigger). Also I was told that i'd be lucky to make it out of Keighley alive (needless to say I did because the !!!!! was all mouth). Although it's laughable it would appear that this shower dont deserve to be in the trade. Seriously avoid this lot unless you want to bring trouble on yourselves.
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Personally I would steer clear of this lot. I called them and enquired about a BMW, I was given a definate price on my trade in then called them back to arrange a time to go up and do the deal. I came up from the South coast of the UK so the drive was 5.5 hours. When I got there I was given the keys and looked around the BMW, it's interior wasnt in keeping with its mileage so my impression was it was clocked. I never mentioned this to them and when I walked back over to the salesman (wideboy) I was told some rubbish to get me to part with an extra £1000. I was not happy and when I asked if this is their normal business practice I was threated with violence and told, if the salesman wasn't on probation for fighting i'd get it and did I know who he was (snigger). Also I was told that i'd be lucky to make it out of Keighley alive (needless to say I did because the !!!!! was all mouth). Although it's laughable it would appear that this shower dont deserve to be in the trade. Seriously avoid this lot unless you want to bring trouble on yourselves.

You should have reported that to the police.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    You should have reported that to the police.
    i agree
    wouldnt stand for that
    really wouldnt
  • well i went a couple of weeks ago to look a reasonably prices vauzhall zafira, was tolg 120,000 miles on clock i got there it had 175,000, the steering lock was playing up and took 5 mins before he could turn key to start it, well when he turned key wouldmnt start as glow plugs were knackered and then when it did run it sound like a bag of spanners but a service would sort it apprantly lol i walked away.
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love how this thread keeps getting bumped from time to time with new horror stories.

If it weren't for the possible problems it would cause for the MSE staff, it should be stickied just so everyone knows.
  • owls
    owls Posts: 217 Forumite
    I dont know how these jokers are still going,
    i live about 10 mile away from them, and its well known locally that they are to be avoided.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure