Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone

Comments

• Wallhart
    Wallhart Posts: 240 Forumite
    Quick question.

I have an N96 and was thinking of using a site like this when I upgrade in Jan.

The screen is a little dusty and there is a tiny crack from the memory card bit to the edge of the bottom half of the phone. Also the slider is a little wobbly beacsue of this. Do I have a chance in getting any money for it or is it a lost cause?

Thanks
  • millow123
    millow123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 November 2009 at 12:58PM
    Have recently sold my 9 mobiles that were found around the house some really old ones that i thought i would not get anything for, and some that i thought were only for the bin. They offered me free courier service 3 days later picked up, (offered this as i traded more than 4 phones), the next day received an email to say they had been received. That night had an email to confirm prices and to my suprise 6 out of the 9 passed straight through and the other 3 they made me new offers which i thought were very fair, explaining why the phone never passed the test so i clicked the button to accept new price and now awaiting email about payment ive had it in Argos ecard for christmas , so hoefully it will be here before then, just over £85 for phones that i was about to chuck. Will let you know when i receive payment.
    20th November 2009 - Oh my thats what i call fast service- phones picked up monday received argos card for £93 on the Friday 5 days from collection to receiving payment - ****HIGHLY RECOMMEND ***
  • Ste_C
    Ste_C Posts: 676 Forumite
    • Was it fast and efficient?
    Yes. Incredibly easy and straight forward. From sending in my mobile to receiving my cheque it took about 10 days.
    • Did you get your cash promptly?
    As above. Within 10 days.
    • Did you have any problems?
    None at all.
    • Did it pay what it said it would?
    Yes.
  • warning! reacently sent in my nokia, they sent me an email saying it was damiged and if i did not respond to the email in i think it was about 5 days i would then recieve the much reduced amount of money . i was lucky to see email in time because i work away. the nokia i sent was in perfect condition so i became suspitious and asked for return. guess what, it was still perfect and was in no way damiged as they discribed!
  • I do wonder how many of these new posters are genuine?

i use fonebank but EF look like they pay better,decisions!

INSERT CATCHY PHRASE HERE
  • Wallhart wrote: »
    Quick question.

I have an N96 and was thinking of using a site like this when I upgrade in Jan.

The screen is a little dusty and there is a tiny crack from the memory card bit to the edge of the bottom half of the phone. Also the slider is a little wobbly beacsue of this. Do I have a chance in getting any money for it or is it a lost cause?

Thanks

Id use fonebank as ive had phones similar to this accepted. Or maybe ebay as long as you list accurately you be ok

INSERT CATCHY PHRASE HERE
  • Hi all,

I'm more of a lurker on these sites but just had to post how good I think envirofone are. I sent my Nokia N73 in on the Tuesday, had an email Thursday to say phone received and had passed the tests and then a further email Friday morning to say that my paypal account had been credited with the payment! Can't fault it and would highly recommend it!:T
  • Used cashinmyphone.com which is a environfone site

Very quick turnaround, paid the quoted amount, no problems whatsoever.

(and £4.50 quidco)
  • I searched for a good deal on my Sony Ericsson phone and Envirofone quoted me £11.95 (Argos Vouchers). I was a bit dubious but posted my phone on 28th November and received my Argos Voucher for the FULL amount quoted on Friday 04th December.. I spent it today towards my Christmas gifts!! Well done Envirofone!!:beer:
  • Their sister site (cashinmyfone) offers better prices and higher cashback, website aside it's no different (same customer service etcetera).

Having sent a considerable number of phones my opinion of them remains the same, can be picky about a phone's condition resorting to petty excuses like "loose battery cover" or something similar when there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. If there's a fault with the phone their tester(s) will likely find it and adjust the phone's value. If you reject their offer they will not return the phone for a good two weeks, as stated on their site.

That said, at least they're willing to return your phone - many don't. I do recommend this company however if your phone isn't in great cosmetic condition you might be better off sending it to Fonebank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure