IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 Contractual parking charge notice

I have too recieved a parking fine from G24 Ltd this is dated a week earlier where I was parked on a retail park which I did not know was classed as 'two hours free parking' (even though I have visited this retail park on numerous occasions). This letter shows pictures of my car entering and leaving the car park with closer pics of the reg number stating I overstayed by 26mins therefore am subjected to a fine. I may have possibly overstayed in this car park but am not sure. The sum of the fine is £50.00 if paid within 14 days or £70.00 if paid later.
I have been reading posts on here and going by these I assume I should ignore these letters???!! I do feel a little worried though, but at the same time am fuming that these companies can get away with doing this! I very nearly just sent a cheque and paid the so called fine until a colleague at work advised me to do some research first.

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You are correct, just ignore. Finally it's not FINE, it's an unenforceable invoice.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Good, the message is spreading! How do they get away with it? They rely on the fact that successive British Governments have rendered the British Motorist a cipher who has become used to constantly paying out large fines for minor transgressions.... so they figure they may as well get in on the act, since the resigned, knee-jerk reaction of many drivers when sent a large bill in the post is just to reach for the cheque book.

However, these people are "one parasite too far". Unlike Councils, Safety partnerships (= speed cameras) and DVLA, what they send is speculative, unenforceable rubbish.

Do not give them a penny, ignore each and every pathetic threat they send you, there is only ONE certain action they will take if you do that, which will be to crawl back under their stone when they realise they are NOT dealing with a mug.

You have my personal assurance on that, as I have put the finger up at over 80 of these fake tickets.
  • Looks like I have also fallen foul to this scam!

I received a letter yersterday from G24 for a contractual parking charge notice stating I had over-parked in a permitted free parking area from 45 minutes to 60 minutes. It is supplied with two photos of which the first shows clearly identifiable as my car and the later is pitch black with tailgate brake lights showing and hardly recognisable registration.

I must admit I was fuming when I received this and had a good mind to drive to the store there and then and speak to the Manager but it was after 8 pm.

I was actually googling for a G24 Ltd contact number to ring and complain when I can across this forum so thanks to all for informing me of this scam.

Just to be clear, the recommendation is to do nothing and ignore the letters - don't even bother writing back to dispute this charge to the address provided...is this correct?
  • Absolutely right. You will get a succession of letters which, if you ignore them, will then cease and you will hear no more from them. Don't waste your time with their phoney appeal system, or they will put you down as a mug for believing the ticket ever had any validity and you will receive extra letters.

Yes by all means be Mr. Angry with the store manager and say that because of his car park cowboys you will shop elsewhere, if there are enough complaints maybe they will get the order of the boot.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,603
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Jay112 wrote: »
    Looks like I have also fallen foul to this scam!

I received a letter yersterday from G24 for a contractual parking charge notice stating I had over-parked in a permitted free parking area from 45 minutes to 60 minutes. It is supplied with two photos of which the first shows clearly identifiable as my car and the later is pitch black with tailgate brake lights showing and hardly recognisable registration.

I must admit I was fuming when I received this and had a good mind to drive to the store there and then and speak to the Manager but it was after 8 pm.

I was actually googling for a G24 Ltd contact number to ring and complain when I can across this forum so thanks to all for informing me of this scam.

Just to be clear, the recommendation is to do nothing and ignore the letters - don't even bother writing back to dispute this charge to the address provided...is this correct?

Yep, absolutely. Nothing will happen other than 'threatograms'. :)

Read the top sticky thread, look at the letters that G24 will send out (and their debt collectors). The letters are in pictures in that top thread 'PPC letters & threats' which is 2 clicks away (see my signature, I cannot link it but it's just 'a couple of hops' back in the forum).

Reading that thread will give you a preview of each letter so you can just play PPC snap with them all.

And watch the Watchdog clip on that top thread as well.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    I would advise anyone who receives one of these impersonation of authority fake tickets to do two things.
    1.Ignore the parking company and all its silly fake letters.
    2. take what you bought back and demand a refund, then tell them why, because they have car park scammers and yes it is their fault.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Thanks for this...much appreciated. I'll keep you informed when the next letter turns up.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    *** Cough **** - note my username !!!!

Ignored two so far and NOTHING happened. That's because G24 are a bunch of scammers, liars ( i.e. they lied to Nominet before the mods get all heated ! ) and cowards !!!!!
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • I have received one of these charges, and looked on some websites to look how to best respond. Should have ignored it, but chose to write to them, but haven't accepted any liability and indeed refute their claim. They have written back to me to demand evidence of who was driving - i shall ignore any further correspondence from them. Makes me so mad!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,603
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes ignore them and read the top sticky thread here for pics of the letter-chain to expect, and to se a useful Watchdog clip.

See my signature for how to get to the forum index (sticky thread at the top) which is just a click away. On here you are posting on a single random thread about someone else's case, when in fact there's a whole forum and sticky info for you to read.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure