Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Maintained this week. Ok with that.
  • Maman, yeah i told her that! She wouldn't listen. She is going home empty handed where presents are concerned! I bought myself a nice candle, a lantern which holds a tea light cause it was pretty and a tiny tagine pot which holds spices! Nobody is getting presents from me... Except me!

Sat in the airport waiting for them to announce where we drop our bags off so we're taking on the Pokemon gym that is here haha!

I'm thinking when I get on the plane I'll start writing my shopping list and as soon as I wake up tomorrow I'll be going to tesco to buy it! Luckily I've got a bit of frozen veg in but nothing else!

Well done to those with losses! Xx
  • Well done joint SOTWs :T thanks as always shala for keeping us organised :)

Ended up succumbing to a takeaway yesterday - just can't seem to resist a night off from cooking! I had chicken chop suey which was packed with speedy veg and was really tasty and a handful of prawn crackers, still within syns there hopefully. Only ended up eating half as well, the other half's still in the fridge and I'm hoping that Mr Candy will get hungry later on and scoff it for me :D

Today's food

B - porridge with apple and cinnamon
    L - crustless quiche made with leek & red onion and salad
    T - gammon grill, something potatoey and some veg

Will have to find something sweet later on to use up my syns!
  • orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Well done to SOTW :j

-2lbs for me please Shala

Getting very near to target, just 2lbs to go but aiming to lose an extra 3 for this challenge to bring me towards the lower end. Have to admit, I'm a bit scared that I'll go mad and pile the weight back on but I have promised myself a cream cake (first time in 15 months, I used to buy a pack a week :eek:) at Halloween...

Totally off topic sorry but do any of you have any tips for getting a cat in a carrier??? Blood has been shed - all mine - but she seems to have the ability to turn herself inside out even when wrapped in a towel. I can catch her easily but not hang on to her when 10 claws plus teeth are latching on.I'm searching ebay for a RSPCA catching pole (joking, just)!
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Congratulations, Emmylou and flutterby, on being SOTW twins. Thanks, shala, for keeping track despite all your technical complications.

Well done, fozzie and shrimpy, for being losers!

gfb, you're too posh for us!

Tuesday's Teasers
    Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: nothing – I had a massage booked (fab) so just as well I had that banana!
    Lunch: hexb sandwich with lettuce tomatoes, syboes ham and a little light mayo (1) to glue it together, Skyr strawberry yogurt with strawberries
    Snack: French Fancy (5)
    Dinner: pesto cod traybake (1 ½ SW mag recipe – def recommend this), butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot, red onion, courgette, green & yellow peppers
    Snack: hexa cheese and grapes

Total syns: 7 ½ Syns carried forward: 7 ½ Syns banked: 12 ½

Good luck, all.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Greentiger can I just ask what you mean by carrying forward syns - I was under the impression you couldn't do that?
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Greentiger can I just ask what you mean by carrying forward syns - I was under the impression you couldn't do that?

It's not the SW way, however what they suggest is flexible Syns and IMO doing that regularly will mean consuming more calories than saving them up.

Several people on the thread including some target members, allow themselves 105 Syns each week and use more on some days and less on others. It works well if you want to drink at the weekends.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Evening all

I've finally got time to catch up with the thread and write a post! We're not particularly busy in the shop but it seems that when it's quieter our regulars like to spend time chatting. Apart from that, my laptop keeps switching itself off without reason and it happened three times this morning, every time losing the post that I'd attempted to write.

DH and I have been out this afternoon, we went to look at laptops in PC World but haven't decided what to buy, and then went to see Bridget Jones' Baby at the cinema, which I definitely recommend - it's very funny with a great soundtrack. I wasn't sure if too much time had passed since the last films but it worked really well and was very believable. Bridget has finally managed to get to target (and give up smoking) so Renee Zelweggar didn't need to bulk up this time.

Thanks for the chart as usual Shala, I appreciate the trouble you go to, especially when you're having computer issues!

Well done to Emmylou and Flutterby, our SOTWs. :T

I can't remember who asked if I attend a class in Spain (sorry), the answer is no, and although I do try to stick to plan as much as possible it isn't easy to work out Syns and there are more opportunities to drink. On the plus side, I'm more active when I'm there, and I'm determined to increase my fitness levels this winter.

Enjoy the rest of the evening.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Have had a bad day today not eaten much so there is no point putting my menu on . I will do better tomorrow I hope
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Have had a bad day today not eaten much so there is no point putting my menu on . I will do better tomorrow I hope
    :eek:
    It all turned to worms here too. I went to the theatre and ended up eating gorgeous canap!s at the post show party. Tomorrow I'm getting straight back on it!
    gfb you are quite the celebrity! So pleased you felt good in your dress and had a great time with your son.
    I save syns. I have done since my very first day on SW and it's worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure