Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• stevevg
    • By stevevg 14th Mar 18, 11:47 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    0 WOW
    Wowcher vouchers expiry
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:47 AM
    0 WOW
    Wowcher vouchers expiry 14th Mar 18 at 11:47 AM
    Has anybody had any experience with Wowcher vouchers ??
    Basically I boooked a couple of nights in a hotel that cost me £119-00 and I didnt realise that I had gone past the expiry date by a few days so I contacted them and they told me that because of this I could`nt still redeem the voucher and would`nt get a refund so does anybody know if this is right or not legally,
Page 1
    • seatbeltnoob
    • By seatbeltnoob 16th Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    • 16th Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    • 16th Mar 18, 9:47 AM
    this is standard operating procedure, and the design of the service. They probably make a killing off unredeemed vouchers. The expiry date is so short for a "voucher" that it's clear this was their intention.

If you paid with paypal just do a paypal claim, they tend to close the case and refund you. Although - do this at your own risk as they can still legally persue you because you agree to their t&c and they haven't broken anything in their t&c to warrant a refund.

Hotel deals are the worst. I was looking at getting a hotel deal once and it had a 5 week expiry date. It was for a weekend break so could only be redeemed on the weekend until the expiry date.

I went directly to the website of the hotel to look at the available booking days - they were all booked out. So the voucher was a complete scam as you could not redeem it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,062Posts Today

8,393Users online

Martin's Twitter