McDonald's restaurants - are you paying too much?

smarttips
smarttips Posts: 7
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 25 November 2017 at 11:22AM in Going out deals
In case you haven't noticed, McDonald's charge DIFFERENT prices in different stores for the SAME items!

It might only be a 10p difference on an item but it adds up if buying for a family or you regularly visit that particular restaurant over a long period. Sometimes price differences can be even more e.g. Beef & Cheese Feast meal is currently £5.89 in one local restaurant but £6.19 in another store a couple of miles away. A 30p difference!

So, if you live near more than one McDonald's restaurants, find out which one is the cheapest and then...let your friends know too!

:):):)

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,855
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Most places are the same,

I have 3 local Tesco’s and they all charge different prices for some things, it’s just an area thing.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    smarttips wrote: »
    So, if you live near more than one McDonald's restaurants, find out which one is the cheapest and then...let your friends know too!

Why would you darken the door of this outfit?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Are some of the restaurants not franchises, if that's the case then thats up to them what price they charge.

No need for the word "different" to be in capitals nor the sentence in red.
  • Same with Burger King.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,671
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Many chain 'restaurants' vary their prices according to locality like this - Wetherspoons and Brewers Fayre certainly do.
  • Iamzee
    Iamzee Posts: 62 Forumite
    Some branches vary in pricing but not so much as to reflect huge difference. I think all prices are regulated.
  • NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2017 at 2:42PM
    smarttips wrote: »
    In case you haven't noticed, McDonald's charge DIFFERENT prices in different stores for the SAME items!

It might only be a 10p difference on an item but it adds up if buying for a family or you regularly visit that particular restaurant over a long period. Sometimes price differences can be even more e.g. Beef & Cheese Feast meal is currently £5.89 in one local restaurant but £6.19 in another store a couple of miles away. A 30p difference!

:):):)

It doesnt really 'all add up'.

It only 'all adds up' if you spend too much time in there, and even if you went there 7 days a week, that would be a whole £2.10 per person. But then you wouldnt go there 7 days per week if £2.10 made a difference.

But in any case, I have told my friends to go to the one 5 miles down the road where a Big Mac meal is 15p cheaper. The petrol station round the corner is only charging £1.15/litre at the moment....

#firstworldproblem
  • Wassa123
    Wassa123 Posts: 393 Forumite
    They've been doing this for ages.

I'm sure everyone knows how much you get ripped off by any of the fast food chains at a motorway service station.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,468
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    May surprise the OP to learn that some Macdonalds charge different prices at different times of the day.
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I know someone who owns 5 mcdonalds franchises and he makes a hell of a lot of money despite pushing up prices on a regular basis.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure