Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Gary87
    • By Gary87 29th Jul 16, 12:11 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Starting a wheelie bin cleaning business
    • 29th Jul 16, 12:11 PM
    Starting a wheelie bin cleaning business 29th Jul 16 at 12:11 PM
    Hi there,

I'm wanting to start a wheelie bin cleaning business and wondering if there is anyone out there who is currently in this field and can provide me with information on their equipment? I have been quoted almost 10k for a hydraulic operated trailer system which obviously is a massive outlay for a relatively simple operation. I know there is waste management laws and licenses which need to be adhered to and i am clued up on this... I'm really only looking for information on equipment and costs. If I could have any information on expected annual turnover and net profit I'd be grateful.

Kind regards
Page 2
    • cannyshopper
    • By cannyshopper 3rd Aug 16, 12:38 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    I used to see someone cleaning wheelie bins around my neighbourhood but he hasn't been around for a while. I think he did 1 out of my 10 immediate neighbours.

My brown waste bin does get pretty rank in the summer with nicely-fermenting grass clippings slow-cooking the food waste. We aren't allowed to put anything plastic in it, so can't use liners. It doesn't get washed out as often as it should because there is usually something really nasty stuck to the bottom that I really don't want to get too close to, and certainly don't want it spread all over the drive or blocking the drains.
    I'd consider paying someone to clean it properly but probably only 3/4 times a year.
    • pauliem
    • By pauliem 14th Aug 16, 12:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    I cleaned my bin out for the first time yesterday and I'd be happy to pay someone to do it - I certainly never want to do it again.

I had no idea before reading this thread that such businesses already exist. I shall find one and sign up!
    • KingS6
    • By KingS6 15th Aug 16, 4:11 AM
    • 392 Posts
    • 339 Thanks
    How would you approach those who use communal dumpsters, approach flat occupants themselves and do it off the back of their consent? Or go through the property management company?
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 15th Aug 16, 4:12 PM
    • 10,506 Posts
    • 8,647 Thanks
    Interestingly, OP started a thread in Feb 2016 about setting up a and running a car parking business, but never returned to the thread.
    • JH8619
    • By JH8619 13th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    I own a successful bin cleaning biz

Over 2000 customers signed up, we charge £4 a bin per month.

Alot of perseverance has been needed to get it there though, definitely not for the work shy!

And you can deny it all you like, people DO need there bins cleaned, we have seen it all !
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 14th Mar 18, 3:18 PM
    • 10,506 Posts
    • 8,647 Thanks
    I own.....seen it all !
    Originally posted by JH8619
    This thread is nearly 2 years old!
    Last edited by lincroft1710; 14-03-2018 at 8:09 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,398Users online

Martin's Twitter