Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• We switched to Iresa for electric at the start of December 2016; account was set up as expected and all DD's have been taken at the correct time for the correct amount. Had small amounts of interest paid when the account has been in credit.

We have submitted meter readings at least once a month. Sometimes they have taken a couple of weeks to appear on the account, but they do eventually get there and are credited on the correct date. Found it best to submit a meter reading just after the DD is taken.

Account is currently in debit, but that will be cancelled out next week when the monthly DD is added.

We have no problem with the DD being taken in advance, as that, in a way, is what most companies do by keeping you in credit with slightly higher than the needed DD charges.
  • Neri
    Neri Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi, How is it going with Iresa, I am considering to switch too? Thanks.
  • Neri
    Neri Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thanks for this, I won't be switching.:cool:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Neri wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I won't be switching.:cool:

Why not? All consumer credit balances are now protected by Ofgem.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 February 2017 at 2:39PM
    Just to update this - my Electricity Meter Point finally appeared in my Iresa account overnight (7 days after my switch date) but the opening meter read I provided hasn't.

Judging by the comments others have made re timescales I expect this will happen in the next couple of days and I should then receive my final bill from EON to complete the switching process.

Thanks for this. my Elec has also appeared overnight, 10 days after my switch.

The opening meter read is also not there. Website wont let me enter a reading as far back as 8th Feb so I'm tempted to just submit it as at the 10th Feb.

I definitely won't be phoning them again!
  • Gambler wrote: »
    Thanks for this. my Elec has also appeared overnight, 10 days after my switch.

The opening meter read is also not there. Website wont let me enter a reading as far back as 8th Feb so I'm tempted to just submit it as at the 10th Feb.

I definitely won't be phoning them again!

I wouldn't worry. If you've already provided them with your opening meter read it will only appear in your account when it's been validated by the third party which can take anywhere between 10-14 days.
  • I've been with them since the end of July for my electricity. No problems with the switchover or since. Regular emails from them asking for readings or telling me DD payments are being taken. Website is straightforward as is giving readings.

The one bill I've had and the online bill/payment history is typical bill speak which probably makes sense if you speak bill language.

I'm happy I moved. Currently no complaints about them.

Hey there
    Just wondering if it's all still running smoothly for you as I'm just about to leave cooperative as it's going up by 800 pound a year :mad: I'm just about to sign the dotted line for iresa but needed another's opinion :beer:
  • Ladysurf13 wrote: »
    Hey there
    Just wondering if it's all still running smoothly for you as I'm just about to leave cooperative as it's going up by 800 pound a year :mad: I'm just about to sign the dotted line for iresa but needed another's opinion :beer:
    Its still fine. No problems. I give monthly readings and DDs are taken as expected.

A lot of the comments on here seem to be about the time taken to change and meter readings not updating on their website quickly. I remember the change over feeling slow but I left them to get on with it. I don't really follow the online readings but seem to remember wondering where some of mine had gone. They appeared later.

I've started to get paper bills from them which I didn't expect.

They seem to have a relaxed timescale which worries some people.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Ladysurf13 wrote: »
    Hey there

I am coming up to 6 weeks since I made the switch and 4 weeks since the end of the cooling off period. My online account is still lacking information, ie no meter readings as provided, no MPRNs, no start date for my gas supply, and no answer to an e-mail I sent on 3rd February re the above. They seem to respond to Facebook complaints, but not those by e-mail.
  • Anyone looking for a job?

As a Regulatory you will help the business to comply with relevant OFGEM regulations.

https://jobs.telegraph.co.uk/job/6064912/iresa-graduate-regulatory-analyst-job/

Salary £2000.0000
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business