Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,704Posts
    • 45,323Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 264
    • PepPop
    • By PepPop 9th Feb 11, 10:06 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 18,641 Thanks
    PepPop
    Rusty OUCH!! How's your finger now?

Marg I can see why you wanted that one - it's so cute!

Rainmac your soup sounds scrummy

Padster No bears - now I really am worried about you Glad you got on OK today, hope tomorrow goes just as well.

vicklspence - we have loads of those business card boxes kicking about my work (like the ones Rusty showed you from ebay) if you want I could send you a couple (I'm sure my boss wouldn't mind) - we don't use them anymore apart from keeping paperclips etc in. If you don't mind second hand that is. Let me know

CT Your own desk and pc How do you cope without one just now - I'd be lost without mine, I've got square eyes cos I'm on my comp from 9 - 5 every day. Hope you get your pay sorted tomorrow. I would have thought if your contract says 25 then you get paid 25 - well that how I do it anyway (shruggy shoulder thingy)

craftygranny
    Thanks for the update on Alicia - you've got very brave little girls there

Dragonllew Any word back yet about your OH?

Well I bit the bullet, worked out my costs and added on some and sent off the email (I did check with my sis first as she knows her as to whether she thought she would be willing to pay it) so fingers crossed.
  • dragonllew
    Dragonllew Any word back yet about your OH?
    Originally posted by PepPop
    No nothing yet still waiting to hear from the consultant at the hopital he rang them again yesterday but his secretary is off for 2 weeks and the one filling in knew nothing about it
  • cardpaperscissors
    Evening! Well I read back loads of pages until last night, jotted down some reply notes and now the blinkin' piece of paper's gone walkabout (or DH has 'tidied' it away). I can't remember half of what I read so I'll just have to say Hi to newbies, congrats to the winners and hugs to all in need of them. Me included as my gall-bladder pain has been rearing its horrible head again recently and I so do not want to end up in hospital again! I've also had a read of the special homepages and there's some absolutely lovely makes being posted.
    • CT19720
    • By CT19720 9th Feb 11, 10:39 PM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 15,299 Thanks
    CT19720
    snippedCT Your own desk and pc How do you cope without one just now - I'd be lost without mine, I've got square eyes cos I'm on my comp from 9 - 5 every day. Hope you get your pay sorted tomorrow. I would have thought if your contract says 25 then you get paid 25 - well that how I do it anyway (shruggy shoulder thingy)

Well I bit the bullet, worked out my costs and added on some and sent off the email (I did check with my sis first as she knows her as to whether she thought she would be willing to pay it) so fingers crossed.
    I've been desk sharing with the finance guy who only works one day a week. So I use his pc and phone for the other 4 days, but because it isn't mine, I can't alter the settings to set the PC up to how I want it. Haven't been able to put my 'pretty' makes ie pen holders and beer mat calendar out yet either so can't wait to have my own place.

Good luck with the order and pricing - hopefully the lady will be happy with your prices and will want to order lots, as they are beautiful.

My bed is calling, so catch up tomorrow xx
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • cardpaperscissors
    ooohhhh nooooo Rusty - have you taken the plaster off yet - I was bad enough taking the little one off from my bloods yesterday - yep chicken!

My morning went like this:
    woke up was p ing down with rain - thought good will have to take DD to school
    DD got up and sorted by herself - not good
    got to school leaving time - stopped raining - not good
    thought ok there'll be traffic - didn't speed, no traffic, lights on green, even the ones for me to cross the roads walking in were green

walked in at 9:13 - set eyes on boss 2pm (bonus) are you ok deb (I hate her calling me that) she says in cheery voice from behind me- yes (I replied in auto pilot) actually no I'm not - hears panic in her voice - thought OMG now what do I say I never ever say anything just mutter under my breath and take it so told her I'd been for some tests as I'd not been feeling well for ages short conversation about blood tests which ended saying oh I must get the results of mine and wandering off

I was braver than usual and have set the scene should anything else become necessary - didn't feel comfortable having a go at her in the middle of the office back in again tomorrow though

OH is away again tonight - DD has a friend for tea so will throw her in the bath and start crafting - I have an itch for some more proper stamps am getting fed up with fighting with the printer and my images not being the size I thought they would be .

Soooooooooooo if you had roughly £25 - £30 to spend on proper rubber stamps where would you shop and what would you buy? And (you're not gonna believe this) but no bears lol!
    Originally posted by paddingtondoo

Have you looked at Lili of the Valley - the latest stamps are fabulous.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for BT results and that the work situation gets sorted soon.
    • PepPop
    • By PepPop 9th Feb 11, 10:53 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 18,641 Thanks
    PepPop
    No nothing yet still waiting to hear from the consultant at the hopital he rang them again yesterday but his secretary is off for 2 weeks and the one filling in knew nothing about it
    Originally posted by dragonllew
    Ain't it typical!

CT I've got terrible OCD when it comes to my work desk - it drives me crazy when anyone sits at it, in fact I don't even like anyone standing behind me (I even moved it so I sit with my back to a wall now) The thought of sharing gives me the heeby jeebies - I know I should see someone about my strange behaviour Yours will look so much nicer when you've got all your own things around you.

Hot chocolate, toast, knitting and BFGW taped from last night are calling... see you tomorrow... here's one I made earlier if anyone wants one...

• rainmac
    • By rainmac 9th Feb 11, 10:55 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Padster, really no bears...? You really aren't feeling ok are you x My mind is a blank for stamps you might like, how about Whiff of Joy?

CT, for my rocky road I use 200g dark choc melted, 200g milk choc melted, 1 pack Maryland choc chip biscuits broken up, glug of golden syrup, 2 spoons of butter melted, big handful of mini marshmallows, big handful of dried fruit (I tend to use a mixture of raisins, cranberries, glace cherries, whatever I have really), Mix is all together and tip into a 20cm square tray x
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
    • Marg
    • By Marg 9th Feb 11, 11:36 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Evening all

Just got back from a 'girls' night out, nothing exciting, just a meal with a dozen friends of many years standing & now I'm exhausted.

CT1972 - sounds like the 'finance guy' has just been dozy, I'm not qualified but if contract says 25 hours and you've worked 25 hours they owe you! And if you really want to push it ask for interest too! Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Padster - 'Hugs' for tomorrow sorry my stamping's carp so I rarely buy rubber (oh that could sound bad)

rainmac - rocky road sounds lovely.

Peppop - I'm another who's territorial about her desk, always opt for a corner with back to the wall though not as bad as I used to be.
    • macma
    • By macma 10th Feb 11, 12:12 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 2,725 Thanks
    macma
    Ain't it typical!

CT I've got terrible OCD when it comes to my work desk - it drives me crazy when anyone sits at it, in fact I don't even like anyone standing behind me (I even moved it so I sit with my back to a wall now) The thought of sharing gives me the heeby jeebies - I know I should see someone about my strange behaviour Yours will look so much nicer when you've got all your own things around you.

Hot chocolate, toast, knitting and BFGW taped from last night are calling... see you tomorrow... here's one I made earlier if anyone wants one...

am I the only female on the planet who HATES hot chocolate ?
  • craftygranny
    Originally posted by macma

Err no i can't stand the stuff either or coffee.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
    • macma
    • By macma 10th Feb 11, 12:17 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 2,725 Thanks
    macma
    Err no i can't stand the stuff either or coffee.
    Originally posted by craftygranny

Give me Bovril anyday !
  • Soma
    mmmm hot chocolate fan right here!
    congrats to all the winners and hello to all the newbies too
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 10th Feb 11, 7:30 AM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 134,514 Thanks
    mooomin
    *sneaks in*

Hi ladies,

I've been absent for a bit as this thread is too tempting when it comes to spending pennies and I'm trying the Frugal Living Challenge this year As I work in financial services, I'm worried I might lose my job at some point this year so I'm trying to be good and save money - and this lovely thread alerts me to all the stash I didn't know I needed

I haven't been making as many cards recently as work has been hectic, but this week I found it quite relaxing to get the stash out and make something after work so I have managed to do five cards (four of which I'm being paid for!!) and have linked them in the usual place

I won't be around much but I'll pop in when/if I make something as I like to see what you all think of my efforts as you're all so much more talented than me!

Hope everyone is well. Hugs to all who need them and well done to all the winners I've missed
    Comping again

Wins this year: - two night trip to Belgium, £100 Gett taxi credit, tickets to Newcastle game, FIFA 2016 for PS4, stitch markers, Cumberstitching book
  • RustyFlange
    CT - how cheeky is that with your hours!!I always presumed if you were quoted 25 hours when you did take it then thats how many you work without breaks etc!

Flourgirl - thanks, willl have a look around for some!

craftygranny - sounds like both young princess' are doing well

Peppop - Finger is very very sore this morning, I keep knocking the end of it and it really hurts, my MIL dressed it properly last night, but I can't see how I am going to keep it dry

Marg - Glad that was the one I only remembered as one of the DT girls I work with is also on the DT for Meljens!

Cardpaperscissors - Hope your pain eases soon for you!

Peppop - Go on admit that its not that you hate people standing behind you, but the fact you have your back to the wall is so that you can see who is coming and pretend to look like you are working and not surfing the net

Flying Fresian - Nice to see you back

Morning all ... I had an email off Kerry last night (owner of LCI) anyway she sent this link There is a whole review of her stand at CHA and lots of pictures, I can see a few of my samples which I made ... this person has an awful lot of followers so fingers crossed the review does some good.

Got some DT samples to make today for Stitches in Birmingham using new images so hoping my finger allows me to do so as it is unbelievably sore ... there is a post on my blog which shows my valentines iPod and my poorly finger all bandaged up!

Hope you all have a good day!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
    • betterlife
    • By betterlife 10th Feb 11, 9:29 AM
    • 841 Posts
    • 2,888 Thanks
    betterlife
    hi everyone, little one is much better today, still coughing but temp back to normal and he`s up to mischief again so always a good sign. (thank goodness) so today my kitchen needs a serious tidy (as no-one else is obviously capable of tidying!!!) and i need to go grocery shopping.
    rusy i hope your finger is better soon, sounds bad did you get it checked out?? and well done on the card order.
    that hot choc looks yummy, im a fan! we always take a flask when we go out for a walk as the kids love it, and it warms you up quickly this time of year.
    i will catch up with thread later, must TIDY!!!! then design some more digi`s, ive had requests for boy characters, and am doing a whole range of christian digi`s for an american lady who has a faithbooking website, she is paying extra for the right to resell them! (but i can aswell). xxx
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • Addams
    Morning all

Finally got round to making a card for my neices birthday, I will post it in the usual place in a moment

Rusty - your finger sounds very sore, hope it doesnt stop you making all those lovely cards!

Betterlife - Glad your little one is feeling better

Hope everyones having a good day. xx
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 10th Feb 11, 9:49 AM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 13,397 Thanks
    Giggle
    Morning, Still cant get into my card making everytime i start i just mess it all up lol So im making flower pens you cant really get them wrong can you
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 10th Feb 11, 10:00 AM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 13,397 Thanks
    Giggle
    Originally posted by macma
    Lol no i hate it as well i dont do hot drinks really i might have a cup of tea now and then but thats the only hot drink i will have
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
    • PepPop
    • By PepPop 10th Feb 11, 11:04 AM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 18,641 Thanks
    PepPop
    - I'm another who's territorial about her desk, always opt for a corner with back to the wall though not as bad as I used to be.
    Originally posted by Marg
    Marg I'm so glad I'm not the only one

Macma for you...

Rusty SSSSHHHHH!!! Don't let on my secret

betterlife Glad your LO is picking up phew! you must be so relieved. Congrats on your digi orders! Can I ask a cheeky question - do you draw them and scan them or draw them straight onto your comp - I've done a couple but I do them the first way and was wondering if it would be worth while buying a tablet and pen?
  • RustyFlange
    hi everyone, little one is much better today, still coughing but temp back to normal and he`s up to mischief again so always a good sign. (thank goodness) so today my kitchen needs a serious tidy (as no-one else is obviously capable of tidying!!!) and i need to go grocery shopping.
    rusy i hope your finger is better soon, sounds bad did you get it checked out?? and well done on the card order.
    that hot choc looks yummy, im a fan! we always take a flask when we go out for a walk as the kids love it, and it warms you up quickly this time of year.
    i will catch up with thread later, must TIDY!!!! then design some more digi`s, ive had requests for boy characters, and am doing a whole range of christian digi`s for an american lady who has a faithbooking website, she is paying extra for the right to resell them! (but i can aswell). xxx
    Originally posted by betterlife
    Glad your little one is picking up, I have ignored the tidying up all week, been too busy crafting, but I must make an effort this afternoon/tomorrow, although I have to go shopping tomorrow morning to get the stuff for the meal I am cooking OH on sat night, with him working away we cook a meal on the Sat night and the kids are bathed and put to bed so we can relax together ... Good idea for the boys/men images, there are places you could grab inspiration from, if you need any ideas I am sure we could give you some for inspiration! Well done on your christian digi's, that could be a very big order for you!

Peppop got you sussed!!

Just finished another card ... I am on a roll lately!! musn't complain in case my mojo runs away!! for those who don't know there is a freebie on Karens Doodles website, its a basket of flowers, I am thinking mothers day cards!! I love freebies!

Time to go pick up DD!

P.S Mad-Frog, about to reply to your PM
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

2,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin