Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,678Posts
    • 45,216Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 261
  • RustyFlange
    I did see your C plate - ouch! How much is a new one? Has the postie bought a lightweight parcel for your OH If so no peeking x
    Originally posted by rainmac
    Not today he hasn't but he did bring me a gorgeous card from Flourgirl ... and my new stamps from Whipper snapper, good job I cleared some out as I wouldn't had had the room for them ... will keep an eye out for the lightweight parcel for my OH ... that sounds really bad I should say that I asked rainmac to make me a valentines day card from my OH. I am paying her for her hard work in stash but apparently not allowed to pay her until I see it ... so will get to open it on saturday night when we have our meal together Thankyou so much xxx
    Oh and new one has cost me £11.99 from ebay, I couldn't find any in stock anywhere and the ones which I did find were all Kars branded ones?? which although cheaper not sure if they are any good? OH reckons he might know someone who can make me some in lots of 10!

Not had chance to catch up yet

But hugs to Betterlife

Louby Lou hugs to you also.. Playground bullies are awful. Try not to let them get to you. I know its easier said than done.

Marg My water card is on my homepage

Rusty Think my bug breaking would of really made you jump then LOL
    I did see it had broke on fb.. Left you a little message on there xx

Thanks for all the comments on my homepage ;O) Right im and off to try and catch up a little. Then i have DT work to do.' B' word to catch up on then i really want to try and find time to enter some challenges myself.

Hugs where needed xxx
    Originally posted by chocolate.orange
    Yes I really would have jumped a blooming mile, I felt the snapping plate vibrate through the handle ... poor C plate RIP! LOL ... my friend called me this morning and sounded really down ... she asked if I was mourning ... I told her I was ... she is genuinely gutted for my loss and yes she is as crackers as me

Right got to dash ... Rainmac I am about to email you, I need an opinion! xxx
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Addams
    Craftygranny - If you didnt get marys address, I have it. Let me know if you still need it. Hope Carly gets better soon

Fluffy - Welcome. This site also has lots of freebies listed and should help get you started
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • mary-op
    Hello all

craftygranny - I've sent you pm

Spent the morning making some little 'patchwork' cards........well I think they'll end up as notelets but its a super way of using up odd bits of card

Hope you're all ok............trying to catch up with your blogs but can only be at comp. a little while........chair';s not very good for my back.

Knickers or anything else inside out tomorrow if you can............I'm off for my bone scan..........fingers crossed !!
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • paddingtondoo
    Louby - I hate school playground bullying as well!!!! It drives me barmy - luckily I don't have to go now as DD is old enough to walk home on her own. I have a cuttlebug and my OH is from Glasgow for the kiss element if needed .

Betterlife - hope small one starts to pick up - if not take him back to the hospital.
    Craftygranny - hope your small one is a bit better - when DD complains of a sore throat I always hope she'll lose her voice for a bit is that wrong?????

Hope it goes ok for you tomorrow Mary

Sorry haven't been about much was OH's birthday and work problems are rearing their head again. I now have to go in once a fortnight for a half hour 1 to 1 on one of the days I work from home - wouldn't have been so bad but my boss rang me Fri and Mon after work hours despite me having been in the office and left me a message on my phone yesterday - she didn't have the front to speak to me Then she tried to get me in for 9 in the morning when it has always been understood that I can't commit to being there before half past so she asked what time I could be in - told her would try and be in early but I didn't want to commit myself as I didn't want any undue pressure on my drive to work and asked if she'd asked any of the others to come in early (having already checked that she hadn't) all done by email and strangely enough I didn't get a reply - guess she daren't even ring me now. Am really looking forward to going in in the morning - not!! I may call for the cuttlebug gang support

hugs to everyone - am off to get a check up from the nurse in a bit - wonder what my blood pressure will be doing - was going to discuss giving up smoking but don't think I would be able to stick to it at the mo
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• viclspence
    Is this winner one of ours? I do hope so.

Rainmac - thank you for offering such lovely blog candy.

Rusty - thank you, got your gorgeous card and images yesterday x

betterlife - I do hope your little one starts to bounce back today xx

Louby - that women will only do herself harm, feelings like she has only corrode your soul - don't let he corrode yours don't rise to her bait x
    Originally posted by Marg
    I came on to say i'd won, but guess you've already spotted it. I'm over the moon, got it in my head that you had to guess the photos every day, but no and i won the first prize!
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
    • Mad-Frog
    • By Mad-Frog 8th Feb 11, 4:32 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 9,681 Thanks
    Mad-Frog
    Louby Try not to let that woman upset you, as others have said she is obviously jealous of you and is being a playground bully

Betterlife
    hope your little one is better now

Rusty You have a PM
  • RustyFlange
    Hello all

Knickers or anything else inside out tomorrow if you can............I'm off for my bone scan..........fingers crossed !!
    Originally posted by mary-op
    I will be inside out tomorrow for you, hope it goes ok xxx

Padster - Sorry to hear you are having problems! hope it all gets sorted out for you!

Madfrog - PM replied!

I have just had a phone call off my Daddy ... he uses Moonpig to send cards (easier for him as he lives in Bulgaria) basically he has asked me to make cards for the year for him there will be approximately 30 cards to make!! he asked how much, I said £2.50 so he said £3 posted which I am chuffed by as thats about £90 a year!! really happy by it as its like someone actually thinking I am good enough if that makes sense?
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 8th Feb 11, 5:10 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    I came on to say i'd won, but guess you've already spotted it. I'm over the moon, got it in my head that you had to guess the photos every day, but no and i won the first prize!
    Originally posted by viclspence
    Well done
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 8th Feb 11, 5:14 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    I will be inside out tomorrow for you, hope it goes ok xxx

Padster - Sorry to hear you are having problems! hope it all gets sorted out for you!

Madfrog - PM replied!

I have just had a phone call off my Daddy ... he uses Moonpig to send cards (easier for him as he lives in Bulgaria) basically he has asked me to make cards for the year for him there will be approximately 30 cards to make!! he asked how much, I said £2.50 so he said £3 posted which I am chuffed by as thats about £90 a year!! really happy by it as its like someone actually thinking I am good enough if that makes sense?
    Originally posted by RustyFlange
    Huge well done on the order, that's brilliant

Mary, I'll be inside out as well, big hugs xxx

Padster, remember to do the lottery. If I win I will split it with you on the proviso that I can be there when you tell your work where to stick their job Keep smiling lovely lady, they will wonder what you're up to x
    Last edited by rainmac; 08-02-2011 at 5:17 PM.
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 8th Feb 11, 5:21 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Just sort of dawned on me today that it is my OH's birthday on Sunday. I've got his card done already and bought a couple of books I think he'll like but that's it - eeeekkk!!! We have a free day on Saturday so I have been thinking about arranging a surprise day out at the Space Centre at Leicester maybe. I think the boys would love it and my OH is a bit of a big kid at heart so think he'd like it too, especially if there are loads of gadgets. Need to sort a card with the boys and make a cake, chocolate I think.
    • Marg
    • By Marg 8th Feb 11, 5:33 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Viclspence - I thought it might be you. Well Done!

Mary - inside out here too tomorrow. Take care x

Choccy - Thank you!

Rusty - Well done on your order from your Dad. You are BETTER than Good Enough & don't you forget it!

Peppop - Love your dinner remedy for Louby's playground 'pal'.

Padster - Hope your check up with the nurse went well. Sorry you are having problems with your boss and will have all necessary garments inside out for you too tomorrow.xx Why is she making you go on a day you work from home? Will she pay your fuel expenses? What a waste of money whether Council's or yours.

I've just had a scare with out cat who fell down the stairs and was having trouble with her back leg. Of course, by the time I'd phoned the vet & got DH to come home to drive us there she was walking fairly normally. Vet thinks her joint must have popped out and gone back in again after watching my 'action replay'. I now feel daft for bothering them and worse for not dealing with it without DH.
  • dallam20
    Afternoon
    Hi all,

thanks to everyone who has been commenting on my Blog. I've uploaded a couple more cards today if anyone wants a peek.

Rainmac
    - thank you for the chance of winning some blog candy.

betterlife - Hope you're little ones pickin up a bit now. Takes 48 hours for the antibitics to really kick in.

Off to work very soon for night shift wish me luck!!!

Dawn x
  • dallam20
    Forgot to say does anyone look a crafty blogs?? I only very recently found this site and amongst others looked at the the no 1 BLOG. She has a link to her cards for sale on e-bay and last week one sold for £62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another for £41 and others for £20. To say I'm astonished is a understatement, but well done to her.

Dawn x
  • RustyFlange
    Huge well done on the order, that's brilliant
    He told me I had to make my own card!!! ... but I told him I would get my friend to make one for me and pay her to do it!

Just sort of dawned on me today that it is my OH's birthday on Sunday. I've got his card done already and bought a couple of books I think he'll like but that's it - eeeekkk!!! We have a free day on Saturday so I have been thinking about arranging a surprise day out at the Space Centre at Leicester maybe. I think the boys would love it and my OH is a bit of a big kid at heart so think he'd like it too, especially if there are loads of gadgets. Need to sort a card with the boys and make a cake, chocolate I think.
    I reckon if your OH likes that kind of thing then it would be perfect!! not been there for a while but Tom enjoyed it, mind you we lived local then aswell!! ...

Viclspence - I thought it might be you. Well Done!

Mary - inside out here too tomorrow. Take care x

Choccy - Thank you!

Rusty - Well done on your order from your Dad. You are BETTER than Good Enough & don't you forget it!

Peppop - Love your dinner remedy for Louby's playground 'pal'.

Padster - Hope your check up with the nurse went well. Sorry you are having problems with your boss and will have all necessary garments inside out for you too tomorrow.xx Why is she making you go on a day you work from home? Will she pay your fuel expenses? What a waste of money whether Council's or yours.

I've just had a scare with out cat who fell down the stairs and was having trouble with her back leg. Of course, by the time I'd phoned the vet & got DH to come home to drive us there she was walking fairly normally. Vet thinks her joint must have popped out and gone back in again after watching my 'action replay'. I now feel daft for bothering them and worse for not dealing with it without DH.
    Thanks Mrs, xxx Hope the cat is ok now, don't feel daft, I would have been the same!! xxx
  • viclspence
    who is doing the water challenge, just realised i have a card on my blog I can enter!
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
    • betterlife
    • By betterlife 8th Feb 11, 6:40 PM
    • 834 Posts
    • 2,855 Thanks
    betterlife
    rusty well done on the order, thats great! think of the extra stash you can buy with £90 lol
    little one has picked up a bit this afternoon, he was back to nagging me for juice and to do things so thats a good sign.
    thankyou to everyone who sent love and hugs etc, and thankyou for those who have answered my polls. xxx
    Blessed to have 4 Beautiful children, and work for myself from home
    • Mad-Frog
    • By Mad-Frog 8th Feb 11, 7:06 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 9,681 Thanks
    Mad-Frog
    Padster are they trying to get you to go in when you work from home? Why does that apply to everyone? seems a very strange policy to me!

Rainmac I forgot to order my OH present, too busy organizing his party, I blamed the late parcel on Royal Mail!! Love the scrapbook you made, will leave comments later in the week when I have more time

When does the water challenge end please?
  • THE-WIFE
    Mary, everything inside out and walking backwards for you too!

Rusty
    , fab news on your order and your cards are always brilliant too.

Padster sounds like you've got a bit of bullying going on there too, keep notes on all that's going on, dates and times etc. Keep this thought in your head, there's always the PepPop and Wifey hanging around outside to take her out for you, it'll be a pleasure.

I am truly a very easy going person and you can stick yer fingers up at me and I don't take any offence, do it a second time and from then onwards you do not exist, ask my neighbour. I am very loyal to my friends as well.

Tonight I hope all your little ones have a restful night and sweet dreams. This too I wish for two of my Yorkie grandaughters who seem to have what some of your littlies have got, sore throat and throwing up everywhere.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• Marg
    • By Marg 8th Feb 11, 7:22 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Viclspence & Mad Frog - Thank you - It's me! Ends Friday I think!! but I'm happy to extend a bit if it helps.

Wifey - got an image to send you - might be handy for your Yorkshire granddaughters - hope they get well soon.

betterlife - good news!
  • viclspence
    Viclspence & Mad Frog - Thank you - It's me! Ends Friday I think!! but I'm happy to extend a bit if it helps.

Wifey - got an image to send you - might be handy for your Yorkshire granddaughters - hope they get well soon.

betterlife - good news!
    Hi Marg, do you need the actual link or can I just say its the hedgehog card on my blog?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,996Posts Today

9,706Users online

Martin's Twitter