Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,727Posts
    • 45,338Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 260
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 7th Feb 11, 9:54 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    OMG betterlife , would scare me too, big hugs to him and to you. Sounds like the docs have things in hand with medicine and the inhaler xxx

Louby, what a blinking nightmare *rolls eyes*, why are some people like that? Well I hope you had a great night and rise above her pettiness It's her in the wrong not you x
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
    • artydoll
    • By artydoll 8th Feb 11, 9:24 AM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 11,411 Thanks
    artydoll
    Betterlife......... hope your son is improved this morning,once the antibiotics kick in he should be on the mend.big hugs to you both.
    Louby,......... What a palaver,some people act like 5 years old,ignore her pettiness ,if you can ,she,s not worth the effort as far as I can see .
    Hope everyone else is feeling fine,such a lovely sunny frosty morning here in South Wales ,makes me want to go shopping today.See if my OH agrees when he gets up.
    Been colouring more Sara Kay images,put 2 on a little card,but thinks its lacking in some embellishment ,I,ll maybe add some buttons to keep in the country spirit,its on my bloggy thing
    hugs to all you lovely virtual friends.
    xx
    • betterlife
    • By betterlife 8th Feb 11, 10:00 AM
    • 841 Posts
    • 2,888 Thanks
    betterlife
    little one much the same this morning, breaks my heart seeing him like this. sleeping on the sofa at mo where i can keep an eye on him.
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • THE-WIFE
    Louby, you may have knots in your tum having to face this *itch but you must rise above it as rainmac said. She is defo jealous of you, probably 'cos you're a lot younger than her by the sounds of it. Just smile sweetly at her and say 'Hello' she is waiting for a reaction from you but just don't go there, you're better than that. Remember that those who read her face book page and believe what she's written are just her old cronies.

If all else fails, just remember me and PepPop with her cuttlebug will be there for you, just keep this thought in your mind and this will keep you smiling
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• betterlife
    • By betterlife 8th Feb 11, 10:25 AM
    • 841 Posts
    • 2,888 Thanks
    betterlife
    hi all, whilst ive had a quiet 5mins ive popped a poll on my blog (see homepage) just asking a quick question, if you have a second i would be very greatful if anyone could answer, there is a little post explaining why and a FREE thankyou `sweet treat` digi stamp sheet, for you to save onto your computer, i`ll also start a quick thread for those who dont blog thankyou.
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
    • Marg
    • By Marg 8th Feb 11, 10:54 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Is this winner one of ours? I do hope so.

Rainmac - thank you for offering such lovely blog candy.

Rusty - thank you, got your gorgeous card and images yesterday x

betterlife - I do hope your little one starts to bounce back today xx

Louby - that women will only do herself harm, feelings like she has only corrode your soul - don't let he corrode yours don't rise to her bait x
    • lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 8th Feb 11, 11:14 AM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    Louby sending you hugs
    Betterlife hope your LO is better soon

Well i got the nappy cakes made but didn't get the cards done so that is my task for today

hugs to all
    • louby-lou-lou
    • By louby-lou-lou 8th Feb 11, 11:14 AM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    louby-lou-lou
    Thanks I'm affraid i took the bait a little and replied to her status as her cronies were asking who she ment, i just said if that was aimed at me then it was no big deal or secret. She replied back but i am leaving it now as it is going to get even more stupid.

Her gang of 3 where having a good cackle this morning. Just don't know why i am always the bad guywhen i haven't done anything wrong. I know not everyone can get on in this world but i am lovely honest and i just dn't know why she doesn't like me.

It's going to be really awkward as we have 2 parties with each other this weekend.

Anyway back to crafting. I have just had my order from creative treasures. It came all wrapped in tissue and tied with a big bow, How cute. That has mad me smile anyway.

went a bit mad on the candy but only got 2 packs of flowers! what was i thinking? really wish i had got a few more.
    Mummy to 2 wonderful boys

Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
  • Addams
    Even more winners, well done!

I think we have another winner here! Well done! **Edit - Sorry Marg, didnt spot your post!

Betterlife - hope your little one is feeling better. It must have been very frightening being sent to the hospital!

Need to make a card for my neice, just need a bit of inspiration now! Hugs to all. xx

Louby - thats very petty. I cant believe people act like that!
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • craftygranny
    Morning ladies can anyone help i need someone to pm me marys address please i can't find my book and she's not on the list. My son just offered to go the post office for me so thought i'd ask.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 8th Feb 11, 11:57 AM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Marg, my water challenge card is now on my thingie bob I really enjoyed making it with one of my absolute favourite stamps that I haven't used for months and months so thank you for a lovely challenge xxx

Betterlife, I think there's a lot to be said for the expression, sleep is the best medicine xxx

Louby, I have to put up with silly b*ggars like her at school. There's no need for it at all x

craftygranny, I have Mary's address, give me 5 mins and I'll pm you x

Have a good day everyone x
  • craftygranny
    Oh Louby . Have a big hug. Sounds like she has a very bad dose of the green eyed monster . She must be very insecure if she feels the need to express her jealousy so publicly. Stupid woman. I have a cuttlebug too if you need more help swinging it .

Betterlife . Hope your little one feels better soon . It's awful when they are ill you just feel so helpless. Hugs to you too .

I had a good laugh this morning carly signed to me that her mouths broken her mum said she keeps telling her it's poorly so we had a look and her throats all red poor thing. The ammount she chatters now it doesn't sound broken lol.

Congrats to our latest winner . Deffo a fab prize.

No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • fluffyb
    Been reading some of your blogs - what an amazingly talented lot you are

I have just invested in a load of copic caio marker pens and been looking for a good digital stamp website so I can print off loads of blanks to practise with the copics. Mine never look as good as the tutorials on You Tube
  • RustyFlange
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post, so many pages to catch up on as always happens when I don't come on for a weekend LOL ...

Hope everyone is ok?

some of you will have spotted my blog and also my facebook status, my poor cuttlebug C plate cracked in half! I have never heard such a loud noise! eek!!

New challenge started over on Ladybug Crafts Ink, the theme is Love is all around!

Big thankyou to Flourgirl, posty just bought me a very very pretty card!! its beautiful!! xxx
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • craftygranny
    Fluffy . If you want some free digis to practice with try here and here . For ones to buy mo manning has some fab ones here .

Big thanks to rainmac .

oops i saw your c plate on facebook i'm convinced mine will break everytime i use it .

• fluffyb
    Thank you very much craftygranny

Can't wait to go and have a good look
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 8th Feb 11, 12:54 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post, so many pages to catch up on as always happens when I don't come on for a weekend LOL ...

Hope everyone is ok?

some of you will have spotted my blog and also my facebook status, my poor cuttlebug C plate cracked in half! I have never heard such a loud noise! eek!!

New challenge started over on Ladybug Crafts Ink, the theme is Love is all around!

Big thankyou to Flourgirl, posty just bought me a very very pretty card!! its beautiful!! xxx
    Originally posted by RustyFlange
    I did see your C plate - ouch! How much is a new one? Has the postie bought a lightweight parcel for your OH If so no peeking x
  • chocolate.orange
    Not had chance to catch up yet

But hugs to Betterlife

Louby Lou hugs to you also.. Playground bullies are awful. Try not to let them get to you. I know its easier said than done.

Marg My water card is on my homepage

Rusty Think my bug breaking would of really made you jump then LOL
    I did see it had broke on fb.. Left you a little message on there xx

Thanks for all the comments on my homepage ;O) Right im and off to try and catch up a little. Then i have DT work to do.' B' word to catch up on then i really want to try and find time to enter some challenges myself.

Hugs where needed xxx
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..
    • PepPop
    • By PepPop 8th Feb 11, 1:04 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 18,641 Thanks
    PepPop
    dallam Your patchwork cards are lovely and really clever idea too

Louby - vent away!! That's so pathetic!! Standing by with cuttlebug at the ready just point me and Wifey at her... It's at times like this I think Facebook should be banned. I take it you can't report her or anything (not on facebook so don't know all the ins and outs of it) Isn't it a pity that schools don't have a bullying policy for parents! She's bullying you!! Ooh I feel my blood starting to boil - I mean do these people have nothing better to do. If she's so desperate for a dinner invite I'd asked her and put some laxative in her food - that'd shut her up

betterlife Aww poor wee soul - sending you hugs. You must have got a fright. I hope he gets better soon. Clicked on your poll too.

arytdoll love you new avatar

Congratulations ******

craftygranny Aww gentle hugs to Carly and I hope her broken throat mends soon

Off for a wander round blogland - catch you later.
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 8th Feb 11, 1:09 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Louby - vent away!! That's so pathetic!! Standing by with cuttlebug at the ready just point me and Wifey at her... It's at times like this I think Facebook should be banned. I take it you can't report her or anything (not on facebook so don't know all the ins and outs of it) Isn't it a pity that schools don't have a bullying policy for parents! She's bullying you!! Ooh I feel my blood starting to boil - I mean do these people have nothing better to do. If she's so desperate for a dinner invite I'd asked her and put some laxative in her food - that'd shut her up
    Originally posted by PepPop
    LOL PepPop Let's get an extra large pot just for her

Craftygranny, awww poor Carly, hope she feels better soon x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

980Posts Today

5,794Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin