Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Europcar Car Hire

Help Please

I just had my car Hire in Porto with Europcar it had 3rd party Liability Insurance and Airport Fees and so on. When i collected the car they said that there were no insurance and therefore i would have to take insurance at nearly 400 euros for the 21 days which i had paid nearly £600 for the car hire back in April 2014. When i told them that there was insurance on it they said that it was enough? Can they do that?

Also it was the first time that they have told me that i should bring the car with no fuel as empty as possible and then they charged me 90 Euros for fuel what a rip off....

Any advice is helpfull...

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You may wish to post in a section that is relevant to your subject. This section is on pensions.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure