Where to get Formula 1 on telly

Having ditched Virgin (with no regrets), I;m currently on freeview but am looking to get coverage of F1. While the BBC is showing some of it, Sky have got the rest of it, but how do you get it?

I'm trying to avoid taking out some package with a load of stuff I dont want like a landline that will never get used, broadband (currently tether my phone and it works nicely, thank you) or dozens of channels that I'll never watch.

I don't mind doing something like getting freesat, or paying for something to watch online - I just don't want to pay for a load of other stuff I will never use.

Anyone have any ideas?
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

Comments

• UncleZen
    UncleZen Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You get the basic sky channels AND the Sky HD pack.
    See their website for details
  • scooby75
    scooby75 Posts: 800 Forumite
    UncleZen wrote: »
    You get the basic sky channels AND the Sky HD pack.
    See their website for details
    But dont you have to get phone line, etc? Also I'd rather not have all the other channels as I wont watch them. A bit like going to Asda for a load of bread and being forced to buy a basketful of other food I won't eat!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You can't cherry pick channels with Sky unfortunately - I have Sky Sports pack which is all I want..........but I have to have the basic Entertainment pack as well -£40 per month!!! but I don't/can't have phone or broadband with Sky which might allow me to negotiate a slightly better priced package overall.
  • InkZ
    InkZ Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Get Freesat, tune the dish to German channels, watch it on RTL and listen to it on the radio :)
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It'll cost you £30 or £30.25 or something to get it on Sky. That's the basic package plus the £10.25 HD pack. It's not available on Virgin.
    Consider what you get on the Beeb though, 10 races you get the full thing, all practice sessions, full qualifying and race. The others I believe there's a qualifying highlights, 1 hour race highlights (that's the boring bits taken out!) broadcast at a consistent time (either lunchtime or teatime), plus the F1 Forum afterwards, at every race I think.
    Radio 5 Live will do the same coverage as last year - everything - Practices, qualifying, race, all live. Did I not hear that the BBC website will be live streaming everything too (presumably with the 5 Live coverage)?
  • taffj
    taffj Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It is available on Virgin.
  • Windows
    Windows Posts: 48 Forumite
    taffj wrote: »
    It is available on Virgin.

And here is the link about it:-

http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio/news/formula-1-coming-to-virgin-media.php

Not that I am going to be one who buckles and pays for it, although I will miss it a lot :(.
  • Sure it's available, but you have to buy the £22.50 Sky Sports Collection to get it and it's not in HD!!
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    InkZ wrote: »
    Get Freesat, tune the dish to German channels, watch it on RTL and listen to it on the radio :)
    Is this legal? (And does it work?)
    Definitely sounds like the cheapest option (other than coping with BBC coverage, which sounds plenty to me) if so.
  • Tiexen
    Tiexen Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Is this legal? (And does it work?)
    Definitely sounds like the cheapest option (other than coping with BBC coverage, which sounds plenty to me) if so.

Afraid you'd need to move your dish for RTL or add a 2nd LNB on a bracket, its on a different satellite to SKY/Freesat
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure