ERUDIO student loans help

Comments

• Thank you!
    Yes my correspondence was with the SLC
    Actually Erudio transferred me to Moorcroft so they no longer own the debt - does that change your answer?
    What is FOS?
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    yarmon wrote: »
    Thank you!
    Yes my correspondence was with the SLC
    Actually Erudio transferred me to Moorcroft so they no longer own the debt - does that change your answer?
    What is FOS?
    Sorry, FOS is the Financial Ombudsmen Service, you can make your complaint here

If Erudio passed the debt onto 'Moorcroft', that doesn't change the fact that you weren't told about the change of ownership from SLC to Erudio. They'll say it was sent to your last known address. You have proof of deferring by email for xx number of years and of chasing the status of your deferment with SLC. Definitely worth a formal complaint.
  • yarmon wrote: »
    Actually Erudio transferred me to Moorcroft so they no longer own the debt

Chances of that actually being true?
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 February 2017 at 10:18AM
    I am thinking its a couple of weeks now until the new round of deferment starts, so maybe we should start monitoring things and looking for what this year's trick will be to stop us from deferring smoothly and without stress. Every day after the 8 week 'before the deadline' that the DAF doesn't arrive to our doors will be more evidence they are at it again for the third year. Does anyone have the actual date when last years main deferment date ends?
    Predicting the worst obviously, maybe it will be an idea for us all (the more would definitely be the merrier) to get in touch with the Death Star and ask when the forms will be sent out etc, which would then serve as part of the record if we are forced to go through the complaints procedure and give them a serious financial kick by FOS. At the very least, if enough of us do it, it may force Erudio's hand and convince them it is better to not mess with the deferment process again. I doubt it will change much the way these scumbags try and test us, but i cant think of much else. Does anyone else have any ideas? I am thinking it is better to try and tackle this before it happens. We figured it our very early last year but maybe we can be a step ahead of them this year and try and stop it from happening.
    Erudio will already have its plan in place for what tactic it intends to employ this year. Last years lies and bullsh*t from Erudio when they were challenged by The Guardian makes that pretty clear. If you recall, they replied to Emma Lunn's questions by providing an answer than none of us actually reported, before posting the same lie on its own information gathering webtrap (sorry, website).
  • anna2007
    erudioed wrote: »
    I am thinking its a couple of weeks now until the new round of deferment starts, so maybe we should start monitoring things and looking for what this year's trick will be to stop us from deferring smoothly and without stress. Every day after the 8 week 'before the deadline' that the DAF doesn't arrive to our doors will be more evidence they are at it again for the third year. Does anyone have the actual date when last years main deferment date ends?
    Repayments originally became due in the April following the end of your course, but whether that would've been the beginning or end of April, I don't know. If it was the beginning of April, deferment packs should have been sent out by 4 February at the latest. If it was the end of April, Erudio/Arrow Global have until 4 March to send deferment packs out on time. The MSE article on DAFgate last year said the packs were sent out in March (minus the actual DAF, of course!). And the fact no-one's posted to say their DAF's late I guess means the main chunk of deferments are due to run out at the end of April?

If the DAF packs are late again, there's a blank DAF here which can be used instead. It just needs the 16 digit customer reference number manually added to the 'for office use only' box at the top right of each page.

Here's a copy of the amended certificate and warranty that I used for my last 2 deferments, accepted without issue by Erudio... although I'm sure someone used it last year and was refused deferment for amending the DAF, so no guarantees that Arrow Global will accept it.
  • I think deferment dates were moved back by one month last year after Erudio messed up, with most deferrers have their dates moved from May to June. Most DAFs should then be sent in April this year.

I do wonder how it will go this year.

It's worth remembering that, since the last deferment cycle, the FOS have ruled that Erudio can't change any of the terms and conditions of the loan via the DAF:

http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/viewPDF.aspx?FileID=130698

There is therefore no basis for Erudio to refuse amended DAFs this year.
  • erudioed
    GinOClock wrote: »
    I think deferment dates were moved back by one month last year after Erudio messed up, with most deferrers have their dates moved from May to June. Most DAFs should then be sent in April this year.

My interpretation of that is that the date was extended a month to allow for Erudio's deception, so this year they will be back to the original date which is around the first week of May. Not that last years addition of a month means that it will the same date this year. Maybe im making a false assumption?
  • You could be right, erudioed. And I would not put it past them if they tried.

But if they do, I could very well complain to the FOS as the regulations state that each deferment period lasts for 12 months. And the one month extension granted last year was not based on my 2016 application. It was based on their own maladministration. It will be a very expensive deferment for Erudio if they try it.

I think they extended the deferments by one month in 2014 when they took over the loans as we all used to defer in April, but I'd need to check.
  • anna2007
    erudioed wrote: »
    My interpretation of that is that the date was extended a month to allow for Erudio's deception, so this year they will be back to the original date which is around the first week of May. Not that last years addition of a month means that it will the same date this year. Maybe im making a false assumption?
    That was my understanding too erudioed, that the deferment deadline for applying was extended by a month, to give people the usual 56 days. This shouldn't change the original deferment date that the 12 months' deferment runs from.

With Erudio being so keen to move the deferment date (remember they tried moving deferment dates forward one month in the first year, leaving a random one month gap in deferment?), I'd be wary of any change and would make sure they moved it back. That's what I did anyway, when they tried it on in the first year.
  • erudioed
    Thats a very good point, it is for 12 months and it was April previously. I have been thinking all day how mine jumped to May.
    I dont think Erudio will be adding the extra month but i am sure FOS would be given some serious work, and Erudio a serious headache, if they were forced to get in a wrangle over this specific event that happened during last years DAFgate, via an issue it unintendedly was forced to concede, that of extending the deferment deadline by a month. I think Erudio would prefer attention to be moved away from the lie of an excuse it gave last year concerning why the deadline was extended. If someone did 'potentially' complain, if the above stars align this year, it would be very interesting to see what opened up. It could potentially really come back to kick Erudio in the n*ts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback