Options

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 May 2017 at 9:48PM
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    At the start of the conversation, they ask for your name.

Maybe they do. But how will they evaluate which of those queries related to a query regarding the number of accounts a person could have? It might be the case that they had multiple queries in the one phone call. Wouldn't they have to trawl through every call?
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Given that the maximum interest per RS is £65 per year, I suspect it will cost them far less to leave well alone.
    It would probably cost them as much in time and postage to force close the extra accounts and deal with the flood of complaints that would result - not to mention the terrible publicity.

Better to quietly re-launch an issue 2 with correctly worded T&C's, correctly operating IT system, and trained CS representatives.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    One thing that struck me about Speculator's post is the spreadsheet of names might not be intended to record which customers were 'wrongly' advised, but instead which CSA's were giving out the 'wrong' advice and perhaps may need further training.

I've also noticed the RS Product Summary Box document currently available to download differs in some key areas to the one available on Monday morning. However, it still has the same document reference number on the bottom of the page along with the same 'November 2016' date.

I don't think they need retraining. All three advisors I spoke to gave the same advise so all their advisors were probably instructed to say multiple applications were accepted.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    By the way, if it hasn't already been mentioned, I believe that Newcastle Building Society are operating this facility for Ford Money.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »

I've also noticed the RS Product Summary Box document currently available to download differs in some key areas to the one available on Monday morning. However, it still has the same document reference number on the bottom of the page along with the same 'November 2016' date.

Sneaky so and so's - not to change the document date and reference is very poor IMO.
    Original summary "This account can be held jointly with one other person"
    Revised summary "You can only open one account singly or jointly with one other person"
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    I don't think they need retraining. All three advisors I spoke to gave the same advise so all their advisors were probably instructed to say multiple applications were accepted.

I completely agree - that's why I put "wrongly" in inverted commas, a quotation of a word used by others, rather than my own opinion.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 May 2017 at 10:07PM
    Options
    BCOBS 2.2a.1R(5) :)

BCOBS 2.2a.2G(6) :(
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • JezR
    JezR Posts: 1,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ctdctd wrote: »
    Sneaky so and so's - not to change the document date and reference is very poor IMO.
    Original summary "This account can be held jointly with one other person"
    Revised summary "You can only open one account singly or jointly with one other person"
    The full terms though (at time of posting at any rate) retain the following wording:

"You can hold one by yourself or jointly with one other person, also aged 16 or over."
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JezR wrote: »
    The full terms though (at time of posting at any rate) retain the following wording:

"You can hold one by yourself or jointly with one other person, also aged 16 or over."

If they want to cancel your multiple accounts, mention it you will go public and spread the news to everywhere. Keep in mind you apply they accept it and their IT systems allow to do that. The fact that they accept it means they break their own T&C (if any)

If it goes public, it will send the signal that their IT system can not be trusted. It will give them a bad publications if the news is going spiral. How much is going to cost them for bad publications ??
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ford won't get my business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts