Real Life, Dating and Money!

Comments

• :eek:So the big weekend is done!

It was busy, a learning curve and lovely.

So totally spent on food - £81.94 :eek:

The good news is I have food for today. Two portions of a dinner in the freezer, two portions of soup, I think I have chillie and with the left over veg I am going to make potato and leek soup. Yum :D that can be my lunch for next week. I might make a challenge of only spending £10 on food next week.

I'm also strongly considering giving up coffee shops for a month - I've overdone them and stopped appreciating them. A month without then would do me some good. I can have coffee but only from home. I only use it because it is there and I feel like I deserve it....I don't! I work hard but I don't need to treat myself by spending money. Also it's only a year till my big trip and I need to start paying that off. So the £35 or whatever I spend in them can either go towards my overdraft or my BIG trip!

So today I've been naughty and bought a cake and a coffee. I needed some chill time and to get out of the flat.
    I also bought a present for my housemate for letting me use her room £5 and then some butter beans (to give soup more protein) and an onion for the soup.

Today I feel a little overwhelmed with the weekend but some exercise and chatting will do me some good tonight!

I also got the money back for the presents £27 - in total I spent £16 so that's £11 saved! I did spend the money else where but I felt happier for spending it there. More worthwhile. I'm just waiting for the money back from the dress I sent back...like £60!

Ramblings over!
    To staying out of debt!
    Credit card (Nov 2018):£894.60 . Emergency fund: £2000/3000
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What spending app are you using?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Hey Taff

It's called Spending Tracker. I think the lite version is free on iTunes and then for the full version it's a reasonable one off payment. I personally love it and keeps me knowing what I'm spending
    To staying out of debt!
  • I'm going back to work tomorrow so the daily posts will stop :rotfl: but I've just put the bacon in the freezer and individually wrapped. I had soup for lunch which was yummy - think I'm going to make tomato soup in the slow cooker more often! Potato and leek soup is just cooking in the slow cooker as well.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm quite bored - think I'm ready to go back to work :rotfl:

I listened to a podcast on finance and o have to admit I found it so boring! Don't think I'm at that level yet where I can be enthused by a money saving podcast :rotfl:

Also put one item up on eBay - nearly put up two others but I just couldn't as I just still love the dresses. I'm all for not hording but if my gut tells me not to sell something I'm going to listen to it.

Going on how bored I am - I'll probably post again later! ;)
    To staying out of debt!
  • First day in bloomin ages that has been a NSD - I can't believe it! Had to stop myself needing to buy something ~10x though. It's funny I wonder if I'm trying to spend money to fill a gap? Who knows but I'm on it.

I did use my phone app to get a free coffee and got two loyalty stamps as well. Looked in my purse and I have loads of loyalty cards that are full so should be able to get a few free coffee's which is good!

Get paid from my second job this week so need to have a long hard think how I'm going to spend it.
    To staying out of debt!
  • Hello,

Qo
    To staying out of debt!
  • Hello,
    So had to spend a little today

£3.50 - travel
    I pay this once a week to go and exercise. I could do it on my own but the feeling I get afterwards is priceless so I see it as a little investment for my health. I do use my rail card so one day this will increase to £5 but baring in mind I don't have a gym membership anymore - I'll pay it.

£1.00 - food for work
    I'm not sure whether to put this down as my weekly shop as technically it's food I haven't bought or put it in a food for work section. Currently I put it under 'eating on the go' as that isn't really right.

£2.50 - top up shop
    Got some eggs, milk and bananas from the shops.

Realized today inregards to good shopping it's a 5 week month and I've only budgeted for 4. Hopefully this week should be ok, I've got lunch and dinner the rest of this week. Currently I've only spent £3 on food this week so would be great if I could get it down to £10! That would be a £20 saving. But not forgetting about my massive overspend last week.

Busy working and volunteering this weekend so will be a cheapie.
    To staying out of debt!
  • Hello,

So today spent £0.51 on an apple and £15 on phone top up. I've got into the habit of buying fruit before work. It's got to be more expensice so on my little app I've changed the section to
    'Work lunch/ food for work' as my weekly food bill might be cheap but if I'm buying extras it's just because I'm not being organized enough.

So once I get paid from my second job I'll have £500 in my emergency account :j so proud of myself! That's a lot of money.
    Once I have that amount I'm thinking of keeping it at that rate and rather than put £20 a month into it put the money into my regular saver instead. So I'll be saving £50 at a much higher interest rate.

Been thinking today lots about money. I don't know whether to pay my credit card off over the next 2 months and put the money into my travel fund (£20 per month). Makes sense.

This is a really busy weekend so I need to be organized with cooking and shopping. Basically I'll have to make something Saturday night.
    To staying out of debt!
  • Hello

So this has been a really long week. Been stressful but interesting none the less. Had a spend day - I woke up this morning at 4am. Think work and money have been on my mind and that always happens.

So today spent around £3 on food for next week, £3 on treats, £2 on a coffee, £2.00 food and treats for work,

So all tiny spends but they all add up. I think because I've had a tough week and a tough day I was doing lots of little spends to make me feel better. Basically stress eating and spending.

Last week I spent ~£5 on food which I'm proud of! Next week I'm aiming to spend no more than £12. I have two meals in the freezer and endless amounts of soup! I also have beans which is good.

I also paid £30 off my credit card so it's now down to ~£120! I also put £100 into my emergency account. It's now up to £500!

So here is to a cheap weekend and no stress eating!
    To staying out of debt!
  • Hello

So this has been a really long week. Been stressful but interesting none the less. Had a spend day - I woke up this morning at 4am. Think work and money have been on my mind and that always happens.

So today spent around £3 on food for next week, £3 on treats, £2 on a coffee, £2.00 food and treats for work,

So all tiny spends but they all add up. I think because I've had a tough week and a tough day I was doing lots of little spends to make me feel better. Basically stress eating and spending.

Last week I spent ~£5 on food which I'm proud of! Next week I'm aiming to spend no more than £12. I have two meals in the freezer and endless amounts of soup! I also have beans which is good.

I also paid £30 off my credit card so it's now down to ~£120! I also put £100 into my emergency account. It's now up to £500!

So here is to a cheap weekend and no stress eating!

Congrats on the credit card payment and the emergency fund saving!! £500 is a considerable amount! :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback