Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 604Posts
    • 368Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; Yesterday at 12:33 PM.
Page 51
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 26th Jun 17, 12:59 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Thanks for the link, have deleted.

I did read this yes, but I use MSE, like many people do, because I assume (obviously have made an as$ of myself in this instance) there a level of journalistic diligence has been done before products are presented to customers.

I'm a little disappointed MSE/MSM is happy to use consumers as test bunnies to see whether or not businesses like this are kosher.

I now have to spend time chasing up Iresa for money owed (probably with the Energy Ombudsman's help at this point) because of the visibility that company gained from this website.

As long as Iresa has paid MSE though I suppose that's all that matters...
    Originally posted by adamh87
    Hi Adamh87

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some problems with Iresa. I can understand this must be frustrating.

However, just on your point above, I'd like to clarify that MSE hasn't ever received any payments from Iresa. Rather Cheap Energy Club aims to offer a full market comparison in line with Ofgem recommendations. Where we can't help you switch (and therefore don't receive a switching fee), we link you direct to the providers site.

In the case of Iresa, we actually had an additional warning on its tariffs:
    Iresa!is a new supplier and much cheaper than most other firms on average. It says its systems help it make substantial savings, but we do have questions over the sustainability of this model.
    I appreciate this doesn't help with the problems mentioned, but I thought worth clarifying those points. As per the other guidance on the thread, if you're unable to get an outcome from Iresa, do escalate this to the Energy Ombudsman.
    • DonnySaver
    • By DonnySaver 26th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    DonnySaver
    ...have they agreed to refund any overpayments?
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Not yet Dave. Still not issued me with a final bills - and they're still taking DD payments and asking for meter reading.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 26th Jun 17, 1:37 PM
    • 3,715 Posts
    • 2,024 Thanks
    Hengus
    Hi Adamh87

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some problems with Iresa. I can understand this must be frustrating.

However, just on your point above, I'd like to clarify that MSE hasn't ever received any payments from Iresa. Rather Cheap Energy Club aims to offer a full market comparison in line with Ofgem recommendations. Where we can't help you switch (and therefore don't receive a switching fee), we link you direct to the providers site.

In the case of Iresa, we actually had an additional warning on its tariffs:

I appreciate this doesn't help with the problems mentioned, but I thought worth clarifying those points. As per the other guidance on the thread, if you're unable to get an outcome from Iresa, do escalate this to the Energy Ombudsman.
    Originally posted by MSE Dan L
    Fair enough, but Iresa was listed on MSE as a Top Pick for a while. What criteria does MSE CEC use when determining which tariffs are Top Picks?
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 26th Jun 17, 3:58 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 1,529 Thanks
    Kim_13
    Switched Dad to them a few months ago, so far nothing to his disadvantage to complain about. They sent him an email saying they process meter readings once they are validated, most are but sometimes they reject them and can't comment on why individual readings are rejected; something along those lines. They then threw out the gas reading for no reason (it was the first one and consistent with the closing reading from his previous supplier.)

I was expecting to have to look for a mistake in the gas bill, having read some posts here. But so far, no bill! (Other than adding interest onto his credit balance.)

That said, their website is painfully slow on Dad's computer (7 years old but nothing else is THAT slow.) I put his readings in using my phone and it operated like a normal website.
    Last edited by Kim_13; Yesterday at 4:31 PM.
    Sealed Pot 10 #520 ~ ~£62.55/£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £41.40/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £162.71/£120.00
    EF #170 ~ £500
    Xmas 2017 #25 ~ £10/£365
    365 Day Penny Challenge #4 ~ £17.31/£667.95
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 26th Jun 17, 4:59 PM
    • 3,024 Posts
    • 1,345 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    they process meter readings once they are validated,...
    their website is painfully slow
    Originally posted by Kim_13
    Meter reads should only be validated (by 3rd party) once every 6 months (I believe); if a reading isn't accepted, in my view, its just because of Iresa's carp computer.

Some recent changes mean the web site is super speedy at present AND meter reads are being accepted without any issues; if you have no gas meter reads on account then keep trying; and make sure you're familiar with the start (of Iresa contract) meter reads.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • philng
    • By philng 26th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    philng
    Personally I have had no issue with Iresa since switching in March as has my mum.
    We are enjoying (still) the cheapest energy on the market & receiving interest on credit balances.
    I submit readings as requested and although not always updated quickly this is to Iresa disadvantage as means we earn more interest on higher credit balances. Latest readings are now up to date.
    Admittedly have not had to contact Iresa yet.
    • oldfella
    • By oldfella 26th Jun 17, 8:29 PM
    • 1,490 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    oldfella
    switched to them in mid April. No problems though first gas bill has only just arrived. They seemed to have fixed the calorific value issue, at least it seems just about right to me. So super cheap and no issues, never had to contact them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

106Posts Today

2,172Users online

Martin's Twitter