£7.50 x 12 = £90
    £90 - £42 = £48

Plusnet with line rental:
    £31 x 12 = £372
    £372 - £95 = £277

Plusnet without line rental:
    £12 x 12 = £144
    £144 - £95 = £49

Although the line rental upfront with BT (£208) is £23 more expensive than Plusnet (£185).
  • Bmwm3gt2
    Bmwm3gt2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, when I sign in online they are offering a 24 month contract for Infinity 2 for £35.49 a month including line rental, plus a £25 gift card. Does that sound ok? It's only £2 more than Infinity 1
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    As a ballpark, I was also offered Infinity 1 for £25.99 a month for 24 months.
  • Bmwm3gt2
    Options
    So how did you get that price? Did you call them? And was that paying line rental upfront? Also did they give you a price for Infinity 2? We find ours slow at times but I think it's down to the hub as much as anything so I may invest in a new hub but need to wait to see which isp I go with first lol
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    cbrookes wrote: »
    So how did you get that price? Did you call them? And was that paying line rental upfront? Also did they give you a price for Infinity 2? We find ours slow at times but I think it's down to the hub as much as anything so I may invest in a new hub but need to wait to see which isp I go with first lol

I rang retentions and mentioned a competing offer from TalkTalk - they then offered me a few better deals. They didn't offer me prices for Infinity 2 because I'm on Infinity 1 and it's adequate for me.

BT mentioned they 'never' slow their users down compared to Plusnet (where it's traffic management rather than throttling), but I have noticed my BT speeds dip at certain times.
  • Bmwm3gt2
    Options
    Just looked at TT, think I need to move to York! £21.70 per month for up to 900 meg including line rental!
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    I think I'll stick with BT. The cost is the same per month with line rental and only £20 difference for the year with LRS. I don't like the sound of Plusnet's traffic management (even though it prioritises certain activities) whereas BT is unlimited (except maybe the occasional congestion at the exchange).
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    I've paid the LRS with BT so that'll cover me for another 12 months. The LRS is £208.80 whereas the line rental monthly at £18.99 comes to £227.88 over 12 months. Is it worth paying the line rental upfront these days? Admittedly, the person at BT that I spoke to said fewer people are paying the line rental upfront these days as it's much less of a saving compared to before. Would be grateful to hear people's thoughts.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    I am paying bt £24.99 for unlimited broadband and line rental. I understand when my contract ends I will be paying £40.99, My option is to leave but would rather stay with bt for the sports channel. An increase of £20 is too much. I have paid line rental in advance for 1 yr. I just would like to know whether anybody has had any success after offer ends and negotiate for better deal. Thanks
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes many have negotiated a better deal see multiple posts .
    Phone up near the end of your contract and say you want to leave .
    Sports channel will be charged from August 1st 2017 .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure