Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you PM02 Verbatim CCL & Chanie

I'm just having a bit of late breakfast with the family before I whizz off again. Events today and tommorow although my involvement is minimal but have to be around.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    All sounding busy round at yours Bob, yay to all the bookings xx
    Mummytogirls x

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    What a turnaround Bob :) All your hard work with leafleting and social media is really paying off :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    All sounding busy round at yours Bob, yay to all the bookings xx

Thank you:)
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    What a turnaround Bob :) All your hard work with leafleting and social media is really paying off :)

Thanks!:T

• Bobarella
    edited 16 May 2017 at 10:35AM
    Hi All

Hope everyone is alright? I am a little bit cross this morning. Having felt on cloud 9 yesterday. Someone who had promised to pay me yesterday still hasnt. Its very tricky having to try and woo people, when they still insist on basically lying & giving you the run around. Im sure everyone is sick of hearing about it. I know Im sick of writing it. But from what I read of other small traders on here, it seems to be a common complaint. I just wish people would be honest. Tell me if you cant pay me for a few days but dont say you will then dont.

Wealth

* After my moan above, I did a big admin session yesterday having been out on 'the road' most of last week. Its amazing what having a few hours at an actual desk with a computer can do for you.
    My record is set. It was the 15th of the month yesterday. And aside for £40 I had hit my break even point! I know thats what I should be leading with this morning. Not the grumble about late payers. So :j:j:j

* So technically what this means is every sale I make for the rest of the month is mine!

* I have a higher than usual electricity bill to pay by DD on 1st June. This is already included in my break even for the month. So if it were not for that, I'd have hit it even sooner.

* I've taken a solid £900 in cash already banked, just for May sales. And have a further £583 to collect before the end of the month.

* Record levels of enquiries. I have already had 22. Prior to May it was tracking at around 1 per day, or was levelling out to be so by the month end.

* Obviously higher bookings, hence why I've taken so much already. Both the views at the weekend booked.

* Yesterday I had 3 enquiries. Two of them came via a new platform we only started with recently. The 3rd via another platfom. That one was no good due to space issues.

* Now, here is the kicker. At the moment, although Im in this busy busy record situation, Im broke in my personal spends account. And will have to make sure that I collect on every penny mentioned above. This is what I meant before about still trading hand to mouth. I feel like things are going well in a big way. I am taking money from diverse sources, Im running down local leads and getting people through the door myself. The big platforms are doing their job of scooping up people I wouldnt know were looking otherwise.
    But because I have no buffer, Im literally waiting on pennies to roll up enough so I can pay the next bill. Im not expecting anyone to reply to this because what can you say? Well Bob you know the issues and you choose to roll on, so just keep going and shut up? Or quit and do something else. Simples.
    But it does help to write it out.
    I suppose all you can say/think, is its going the right way. If the rest of the month keeps going the way it has, I could be on track to take £3,000 this month, which would be the highest ever month, and still £1,000 less than I projected we could do at the beginning.
    The likelihood of this is very slim in reality as I think people dont have the cash in the last 2 weeks of the month, but maybe Im wrong. So I just need those leads to keep coming in (one already today) to keep chasing down the people who need to pay up :( & generally keep calm and carry on :eek:

Health

* I've had this stupid cough for a few days now which is very irritating as it only kicks in at night. It makes me so breathless Im literally in a fit of cant breath, cough mode. Fun for OH. Between that and the little one, sleep is very intermittent. Had a good night last night, the one before that was hideous. Other than that the old girl is holding up.

Organisation

* After the mentioned big budget session I did feel better. I have improved my admin so each client has a Virtual File, with their invoices in. Updated my business costs excel, and who owes what file.

* I was delighted to find a 4 day workshop for the next half term that my son can attend, its only half days which is perfect as I dont want to pack him off, but it gives me some flex in my diary to be able to offer views, & I can take him to and from, and its on route, perfect. The course is amazing, and its free! :T

* OH was in the office yesterday so I did a big, print this, list for him. New business insurance paperwork, hardship application for rates (which works on community value not takings apparently) invoices paid, etc. So thats good.

* Just about on top of the house. I always seem to end up in washing hell at the end of the week, because once the beds are changed on Thursday if Im not home and around to pump the loads through and get them hung out, then we get a bit of a backlog that takes till Sunday to clear.

* The garden is messy but we are tackling bits so at least that's something.

And thats me as they say. Have an event on later today, so will leave in the next little while, & weave opening up in with the school run etc.

Bye for now.

Bob

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Everything is going in the right direction. Hopefully you will get some more bookings. :beer:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    That's all sounding much more hopeful. Long may it last!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Bobarella wrote: »

Health

* I've had this stupid cough for a few days now which is very irritating as it only kicks in at night. It makes me so breathless Im literally in a fit of cant breath, cough mode. Fun for OH. Between that and the little one, sleep is very intermittent. Had a good night last night, the one before that was hideous. Other than that the old girl is holding up.

Bob, if this doesn't clear up soon, you ought to see your GP (easier said than done, I know :() This is what I do if I forget to take my inhaler at night.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Congratulations Bob on your record breaking month! :D :j It's all fantastic news - just sorry you're having bother with non payers - people never cease to amaze me at how rude they can be.
    If it continues like this you won't be hand to mouth much longer x
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Bobarella wrote: »
    I suppose all you can say/think, is its going the right way. If the rest of the month keeps going the way it has, I could be on track to take £3,000 this month, which would be the highest ever month, and still £1,000 less than I projected we could do at the beginning.
    The likelihood of this is very slim in reality as I think people dont have the cash in the last 2 weeks of the month, but maybe Im wrong.

You are doing really well Bob.

I know you come on here and moan sometimes but on the whole you manage to remain so positive.

Don't forget that not everyone gets paid at the end of the month - I am contracted out from my company to a Local Authority and they get paid around 15th of each month. It always surprises me when they talk about wages mid-month as I have always been monthly paid at the end of each month and DH the same (or in one job was weekly)

Plus of course there are the 4 weekly paid - who knows when their money is due:rotfl:

I think you can achieve £3k this month:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport