Real Life MMD: Should we keep the wine?

1151617181921»

Comments

• It depends on the world you want your children and children's children to inherit. We shape the culture we live in. If our culture is generally duplicitous it's our responsibility. You can't change the world but one person can make a difference. You can be an encouragement for the people you speak to on the phone, for the people you return the bottle to, for the people on this site, for your husband and for the people he shares the story with. Honesty and truthfulness is loving, you cann ot love with lies. I would commend to you that you could show love with the simple act of returning the bottles of wine, for no reward, and even some cost, because honesty is always the best policy.Happy 'Christ'mas.

Thanks for your opinion. It seems that you are missing the below, a crucial piece of information though.
    I have taken the opportunity to grab a MSE freebie - but I'm afraid YOUR MERLOT doesn't count as a freebie in the spirit of MSE. I note that his freebies are when a company ->knowingly<- gives you something for free (however inversely it does cost you something).

The Merlot doesn't belong to you as you received the items UNKNOWLINGLY by the company and you should make EVERY REASONABLE attempt to return it. They are NOT considered a gift either!!. You are stealing and lying if you think otherwise and you are not a true MSEr.

Physically return the bottles to the nearest store and explain what happened. Suggest that returning the Merlot was at your inconvenience and you should be compensated perhaps with a bottle or two of Merlot :0). The taste of the Merlot will be so more palatable.

Second: You made reference to a husband. I would be most grateful that you would not infer my martial status. It is conjecture.
  • What a nice person you are. I would ring the Supermarket and complain bitterly that you have received the Merlot when you clearly ordered Pomerol and would like them to exchange it. I would go for a nice vintage if you can (say 1967) but if that's not available ask for a Grand Cru Bordeaux. That should keep them on their toes!:beer:
  • 23rdian
    23rdian Posts: 95
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Keep in a heartbeat. Their loss is your gain. Do you think Tesco care when their buyers squeeze the last pennies out of a farmer. Or move into an area and close down an established small business. No.

I have one rule, unless it's family - it's fair game.
  • 23rdian wrote: »
    Keep in a heartbeat. Their loss is your gain. Do you think Tesco care when their buyers squeeze the last pennies out of a farmer. Or move into an area and close down an established small business. No.

I have one rule, unless it's family - it's fair game.

You arguement is so ill-thought out. Supermarkets mitigate their loss by increasing prices, buying as cheapily as possible and cutting costs (or labour). So your actions does affect your family - it increases your food bills and it means that farmers are squeezed out any true profits. Your attitude of blaming others and not even consider that YOU play apart in this is so short-sighted of you. You hurt the farmers profits just as much as big business.
    You also don't know that in order for big businesses to have planning approval, your local council can and do negotiate that they must also build local amentities i.e. new roads, car parks, leisure buildings etc.
    You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree.
    There will always be obstacles in your way. It's not IF you remove them but HOW!

Calling me stupid doesn't make you smarter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport