Talk Talk Fiasco

I have just spent an hour on the phone with Talk Talk

I left Talk Talk 3 years ago but continued to use their website and webservers to access my emails.
However my email account has been hacked and is sending malicious emails to everyone who has ever emailed me. I rang Talk Talk to get them to delete my email address - they told me to log in to my account on their website.
However when I tried to do this I couldnt because they have deleted all accounts that dont access their broadband service!!! They have deleted my account but not my email address, and have left me NO WAY to administrate that email address!!!

I asked to speak to a manager only to be told that this was impossible because I had no account and without one a manager would not take the call!

Round in circles for an hour. Absolutely unbelievable.

No idea how to get in touch with Mr Lewis but he should be awaew of this. Thousands of people could be in the same boat.

There is no email address for customer complaints at Talk Talk, there is no specific department it seems.

I have emailed the CEO but have little hope she will reply. No idea what to do next.

Comments

• Yes I can.

But I can't delete the email address from either of them,
  • zinga5
    zinga5 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Today I found I now cannot access MY ACCOUNT to see my land line bills because I have my broadband with another company! Fiasco is not quite the term I would use!

Zen or IDnet would seem a better bet.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi meiriadog,

If you tweet us @TalkTalkCare or post on the TalkTalk Community we can look into this for you in more depth.

@zinga5 Thats correct, at the moment you can only access My Account from a TalkTalk Connection. However if you contact us using one of the methods above we will be happy to look into any billing queries you may have.

Cheers

Mark
    Social Customer Care Team
    TalkTalk
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure