Kaupthing Edge Chaps/Bacs Transfers NEW discussion

1206207208209210212»

Comments

• jacara2
    jacara2 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Ippylady wrote: »
    Just tried the helpline - spoke to Angela - she informed me she knew nothing of the statement of looking into individual cases, told me that she could not do anything until close of business MONDAY.

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE,ING SPOKESPERSON,SORT THIS OUT!!!!!!
    IT IS THIS CONFLICTING INFORMATION ALL THE TIME THAT IS SO INFURIATING.WHO ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE?
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have asked Dan for permission to post once more and I am pleased to confirm that all the Kaupthing Edge payments requested on or before Monday 20th October have been despatched and should by now be showing in destination accounts. Inevitably, there will be a small number of transactions that do not go through smoothly. We are finding this can be for a variety of reasons such as some banks not accepting CHAPS payments or incorrect destination account information. To deal with these we have set up a process for the call centre staff to capture your information and transaction details so that your individual case can be investigated. The number to use is 0845 131 32 34 and I just tried it myself and it answered within two rings. Below is the update we have posted on the Kaupthing Edge website and as you will see we are now focussing on refunding CHAP fees and the loss of interest due to payment delays.

Please keep checking the Kaupthing Edge website for updates and we expect to be able to announce in the next few days everything is working normally.

Many thanks for your patience while we have worked to resolve these issues

Latest Kaupthing Website Message

Backlog of Withdrawal Payments:
    We are pleased to confirm that the backlog of external payments requested on or before Monday 20th October has now been cleared. These payments have been sent out and have started appearing in destination bank accounts.
    If you have any further queries on payments that were requested on or before Monday 20th October, please contact our Customer Service team on 08451 31 32 34.
    Withdrawals from Tuesday 21st October:
    BACS transactions are being processed within normal timescales and will be credited within 3 working days.
    We are currently unable to process CHAPS payments within the normal timescale (i.e. same day or next day) and these requests will take 3 days. Please use the BACS service until further notice so that no fee is incurred.
    Interest adjustment and refund of CHAPS fees:
    ING Direct will refund the loss of interest on your Kaupthing Edge account that resulted from payment delays. CHAPS fees will also be refunded in cases where the payment was not sent within the normal timescale. An update will be posted on this page next week, giving further information and an update on timings.
    Payments In
    Not all payments in are being processed normally. We are continuing to work to resolve this and will issue an update as soon as possible.
    Fixed Term Product Accounts:
    Customers with deposits in a Fixed Term Savings accounts can be assured that these rates will be honoured by ING Direct for the remaining term of the accounts
    Thank you for you patience, and once again we apologise for any inconvenience and distress that payment delays have caused.
    More news from ING Group
    ING’s position as a strong and healthy bank has been boosted by the Dutch Government. It is making a €10 billion investment in ING and comes at a time when Governments all over the world are taking steps to support their major banks. This means ING is now an even stronger company for you to have your savings with.

Thank you ING for this announcement.

One of these every day would have saved 1000’s of people a lot of unnecessary worry.

Please keep them coming.
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    nomorekids wrote: »
    99% spelt correctly, my you have come a long way since yesterday.:rotfl: :rotfl:

If you want to be rich - never get married and most definately - never have kids.... .

Lol, if I were you, I'd "definitely" run the spell ckecker over your signature line.:rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Just rang the helpline. They've put a chase on my account to find out what's happened with my transfer and will ring me back within 24-48 hours (not including weekend). If my money does turn up I have to ring them back and let them know.

I feel sick.
  • Ippylady wrote: »
    State of my bank account, couldn't even afford the trainfare :(
    No problem we will pull together all the refunded CHAPS fees
  • Hi folks,

Just like we did earlier in the week, I am closing this discussion and restating it in a new thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=15261921#post15261921

This will help everyone keep track of how it is all going. there will be a new poll in there shortly too

Cheers

Dan
    Former MSE team member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills