free speed camera software for sat nav.

:j download and install speed camera database on your sat nav system for free.
it is compatible with tomtom, navman, garmin, alk copilot etc. use following link for more information and free download.no catches no personal information need to give.
simply download and install in your system. follow the instruction for the appropriate file types in the READ ME file!!!

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php :T

Comments

• This is now a chargeable service !:mad:
    To infinity and beyond!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    This is now a chargeable service !:mad:

But the OP is over 3 years old and the site still only charge £19 for a year and I dont know of a more comprehensive and continually updated speedcamera database than them.
  • UKoap
    UKoap Posts: 63 Forumite
    photome wrote: »
    But the OP is over 3 years old and the site still only charge £19 for a year and I dont know of a more comprehensive and continually updated speedcamera database than them.

Fair enough but it used to offer one month for £2..what happened to that? A backward step surely.. I used to contribute to the database and never asked for a fee..why should I pay for what is in effect voluntary contributions?
    I don't mind £2 now and then but £19 is greed.
  • I don't pay anything for it, because I submitted camera positions to them before they began charging :)
  • You can get free speed cameras from any of the following:

gpsinform.com
    gps-data-team.com
    poigenie.co.uk/speed_cameras

pocketgpsworld.com are a bit of a rip off as they got their users to collect the data then they started charging.

I think gpsinform.com is the best as it covers the whole of Europe.
  • I don't pay anything for it, because I submitted camera positions to them before they began charging
    pocketgpsworld.com are a bit of a rip off as they got their users to collect the data then they started charging.
    Well i used the above for some time, years in fact, while subscribed i provided information of a camera location, was the first to provide it aswell, but "Their" Team / volunteers, never got around to verifying this, that involves someone that is a member or provides the info to them actually going to the point (longtitude latitude etc) and seeing the camera (in my case a mobile camera) in action, this never happened, but i was advised that there wouldn't be much argument over me providing a Photo with certain buildings etc in the background to identify the area, after a long time i managed to get the pics and submitted them, i was then bombarded with excuses such as the length of time since the original post did not count and therefore wouldn't qualify for free lifetime subscription,
    Thats how "They" get their camera submissions, by getting others to do the work and not keeping their end of the bargain, not good, But i have recognised there is more than this site providing cameras, £19.99 is expensive for young family's on a budget, Tom Tom themselves were doing an offer recently cheaper than the described, and there are plenty of other databases that are very acurate and up to date, i have even had the old "what is the problem? when you split this up over 12 months, at the cost of saving you a fine or points on your licence" this makes you feel the guilty one, and can push you in the direction of subscription, but as above shown there are other sites free / and subscriptions, a bit more realistic.
    bigman1
  • TomTom now charge £15.99 as a special offer for their camera database :)
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This thread is almost 4 years old

hence unsurprising the OP's post may not now be valid.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • terryya
    terryya Posts: 603 Forumite
    bigman1 wrote: »
    Well i used the above for some time, years in fact, while subscribed i provided information of a camera location, was the first to provide it aswell, but "Their" Team / volunteers, never got around to verifying this, that involves someone that is a member or provides the info to them actually going to the point (longtitude latitude etc) and seeing the camera (in my case a mobile camera) in action, this never happened, but i was advised that there wouldn't be much argument over me providing a Photo with certain buildings etc in the background to identify the area, after a long time i managed to get the pics and submitted them, i was then bombarded with excuses such as the length of time since the original post did not count and therefore wouldn't qualify for free lifetime subscription,
    Thats how "They" get their camera submissions, by getting others to do the work and not keeping their end of the bargain, not good, But i have recognised there is more than this site providing cameras, £19.99 is expensive for young family's on a budget, Tom Tom themselves were doing an offer recently cheaper than the described, and there are plenty of other databases that are very acurate and up to date, i have even had the old "what is the problem? when you split this up over 12 months, at the cost of saving you a fine or points on your licence" this makes you feel the guilty one, and can push you in the direction of subscription, but as above shown there are other sites free / and subscriptions, a bit more realistic.
    bigman1

You don't get free lifetime membership for mobile cameras, only fixed ones.

I know the thread is old but the point is still valid ;)
  • terrya
    i'm not going to get into a dispute about it, but at the time i was using it, it was any submissions, mobiles, fixed, specs, or other, and it was for anything not only newly erected but also taken down / removed or area no longer used by police to reduce speeding, if your a member, you should now this, if you don't, have a read, the information was there, unless they have removed it, this post is old, and my point is valid too, i checked back on the site recently to put my own mind at rest, I'd like to add, as i'm not ashamed to say it, i aired my views after being "knocked back" for free lifetime subscription for that very reason, and i don't think i will be using it again, regardless of whether i got banned from there or not, they contridicted their original requests, when i came up with the goods i was declined free lifetime subscription, as i said they didn't keep to their end of the bargain!
    Because they are greedy and want £19.99.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure