sky FREE wireless connector for sky+ HD anytime **DONT PAY £60**

I have just seen an advert on tv for a free wireless connector Exclusive to customers with Sky Movies 1 & 2, Sky+HD box and Broadband Unlimited the advert said go to www.sky.com/customers to find out more which i did.

I was over the moon no more 10 metre cable around my sitting room but everytime i clicked on link it asked me to sign into my account and the link would vanish.
I have just spent half an hour on the phone to sky explaining about the offer i had seen only to be told i cant get it because i already have sky anytime+ using a cable and if i wanted the adaptor i would have to pay £60 for it :eek: i said well i will just unplug and ring up again only to be told i would still have to pay.

I was fuming i get all channels, movies, sports, sky+ hd, line rental, calls and boardband and pay £100 a month and just because i have connected my box up using a cable i have to pay £60, i dont think so.

I have just rang back and explained it all again to someone else only to be told again i have to pay £60, so i asked if they could transfer me to complains team as the website and the tv ad had no small print saying this and i would be reporting them to ofcom for a misleading advert. the lad on the phone transfered me to boardband because its a web deal and after explaining it all over again and with a little help from a few other members of his team he has managed to override the system and i have just had my email saying it will be delivered in 3-5 working days :j
WOOHOO FINALLY GOT ONE OVER SKY

I have done a search on google and there seems to be a lot of people been told the same thing, so if you are having trouble ordering one of these for free i would recommend going through to the broadband department and explaining to them, all they have to do is override the system and take your sky anytime off your account and then you are entitled to the deal and dont have to pay £60
Baby Due Date 30/01/ 2013 :D
Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #219
SPC4 - £207 :j

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you can't get the above a cheap pair of Homeplugs is a good alternative.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Am a Sky HD customer (Sports and Movies) and I tried what the above poster says.

I was told that it was only for new HD customers and that they couldn't help me with it. Shame.
  • Advert does say this is an offer for existing customers.

When you go to sky.com/Customers not logged in the basic offer info shows up but when I log in it doesn't.

I was wondering why but the OP has cleared it up for me. Will call sky tomorrow to cancel and see if I get offered the wireless box.
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • I've just had the same issue. The advert says the free wireless router is available to new Sky+ Anytime customers (not necessarily new customers, just those new to Anytime +).

I have been a Sky customer for around 20 years and have always had their top package and it drives me nuts that because of this, Sky believe I wouldn't walk away and therefore don't bother to offer any deals to me.

When I phoned, I was told I wasn't eligible for the deal as I already had Anytime + activated on my account. As my router is 3 floors away from my TV, I explained that I couldn't use Anytime + and a wired option was not possible so why on earth would I have Anytime + on my account? I was still told I'm not eligible for the offer.

I asked them to remove Anytime + from my account (as I can't use it) and was told I couldn't remove it as it was a free service. I was informed the only way to remove the option was to cancel my Sky Broadband. I am not under contract with this so I asked to be put through to Terminations (changing broadband suppliers wouldn't be a big deal for me).

I explained my dis-satisfasction again that loyal, long standing customers get no offers and the Terminations chap said that it's because I have the full package that they don't offer me anything!

So, I asked how long I would need to cancel my Broadband for before I could sign up again and take advantage of the offer. He asked me to hold while he went and asked someone.

After a few minutes, he came back and said he had removed Anytime + from my account. I asked how long I have to leave it before re-signing to get the deal. His reply was...

"You don't, your router is being dispatched and I've signed you up again for Anytime + !!)

So don't pay their rip-off fee for the router, fight your corner for your loyalty and see where you get!

Sean :D
    My wife is a DFW... I guess that means I'm along for the ride! :j
    Taking part in the 2011 £365 (plus shrapnel) in 365 days challenge - total to date = £824 plus some shrapnel!
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What you are getting is a wireless adapter for your Sky +HD box. You could have used a pair of powerline homeplugs to connect your box to the router. Also if you are three floors apart you may finnd the wireless signal has insufficient range.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • PinheadSK
    PinheadSK Posts: 230 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2011 at 10:22AM
    Thanks for the advice but I'm fully aware of what I'm getting... and homeplugs still cost! And my TV, Laptop and Bluray have no issue with signal strength. Also, I don't use Anytime + at the moment so even if the signal isn't good enough, I've lost nothing.

The point of my post was to help others who might be in a similar position.

Edit... forgot to add... homeplugs don't work well in every house. They depend on how your house is wired and how the wiring is circuit protected.

Sean :D
    My wife is a DFW... I guess that means I'm along for the ride! :j
    Taking part in the 2011 £365 (plus shrapnel) in 365 days challenge - total to date = £824 plus some shrapnel!
  • Mancunian wrote: »
    Advert does say this is an offer for existing customers.

When you go to sky.com/Customers not logged in the basic offer info shows up but when I log in it doesn't.

I was wondering why but the OP has cleared it up for me. Will call sky tomorrow to cancel and see if I get offered the wireless box.

Cancelled by Mohamed no problem.

Not that bothered by anytime+ confuses some of the family anyway.

Will check sky.com/customers after my months notice and see if the free wireless appears.
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • I saw the advert on TV and the website *before* they added that you can't already have Anytime+, couldn't find any way of ordering it (followed the link & signed in) so I emailed them. They didn't respond for about 4 days by which time their website had been updated to say you must be a new anytime+ customer and they refuse to honour it. I threatened Ofcom & ASA but they are not shifting. I've just reported them to watchdog for changing their terms after I applied for it.

Fingers crossed they eventually cave in...
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,706
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i followed all the links on the sky website when this offer was showing last week, i was logged into to my account & the order for the free wireless connector went through ok & an email confirmation of order was received.

however, 6 working days later, still no connector received. anytime+ is shown as activated on my account but i can't use the 'track my order' facility as nothing is showing. weird, so i check around a little more & it would appear there was a glitch on the website - it looks like you're ordering the connector but you're not, all that's gone through is activation of anytime+.

because you now have anytime+ activated on your account, you're no longer entitled to the offer! brilliant bit of planning Sky! :(

the offer does seem to have disappeared at the moment (logged in or not), whether that was due to them realising it was all going wrong, who knows...
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,706
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i've had a very quick reply from Sky, with good news for a change!

if anytime+ is activated on your account between 03.11.11 & 24.12.11, you're entitled to the free connector. no mention of the 'order' i thought i'd placed, but the outcome is what i wanted.

i've just got to call the Specialized Customer Service Team to get it sorted, but will have to find their no. first as it wasn't quoted on the email! never mind :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure