how much does tesco pay its staff?

Comments

• darlo_fan
    darlo_fan Posts: 352 Forumite
    hayleyco wrote: »
    dodo_man you are mistaken, pay is £5.52 per hour, i know this for a fact. Fact

Might be worth you checking your facts as partygirl has already informed us that she gets more than that as a 17 year old.

I dont think you are having a good couple of days really.
  • tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Do you mean your pay is £5.52 and hour. Fact? Or everyone in Tescos, regardless of age, length of service, store, position, etc, earns £5.52. Fact?

Mind you, I don't actually understand what point you are making to dodo_man, as he never posted a base rate (in fact he said it varied from store to store). He gave a rough idea of the maximum someone could earn as an assisstant working the highest paid shifts. Perhaps you could explain to us what you are on about?

While you are at it, why not try and justify why you feel it necessary to insult other posters? Perhaps, if you can read, you should take a look at this.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Geordie joe read here if you can read - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/

Minimum wage is £5.73 for over 22, which when I last checked was more then 17. Eg if you are 17 years old you are younger then 22 years old.

Pay is £5.52 per hour. Fact

Nobody has mentioned age! If you are 22 or over they wage is £5.73 or more. FACT!
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I am giving a factually rate of pay for 17 year olds at tesco.

But you didn't say you were giving the wage for someone aged 17. What you said was;

To me, and most others this looks like you are saying that everyone who works for Tesco gets £5.52 per hour.
    He suggested I was lying as it was below the minimum wage.

You said the wage was £5.52 and I pointed out that this would be below the minimum wage. Don't foirget that most of us on here are adults and when we talk about the minimum wage we mean the one for adults, not the one for children.
    I pointed out the actual minimum wage not his rubbish he talks. If he cannot read it really is not my problem, I do not have time to teach him to read.

You don't have the skills either, if your written English is anything to go by. Perhaps you should go back to texting your friends.
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    And she is 17 therefore not over 22.

Who might "she" be?
    I simply cannot spend the time to teach you how to add up aswel.

That's a shame, I was going to ask if you could help with my spelling as well!
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You should stop worrying about what others get paid as I have the facts, which you do not. You will find that adults are 18 +. Once again you should refer to a number chart to see that 22 is higher then 18.

And if you referred to one of these charts you would find that 17 is below 18, therefore a 17 year old is a child.
  • tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hayleyco, I acknowledge my English is not perfect in any way, but the number of grammatical errors from someone insulting another's intelligence is quite shocking, although also quite amusing.

Edit: Also, you still haven't clarified what was incorrect about dodo_man's point for us, please could you explain?
  • just for my bit...i worked at tesco 6 years ago and was on £5.54 when i left...and i was 17 when i left. tesco are well known for paying above the minimum wage IMHO.
    ;)
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    just for my bit...i worked at tesco 6 years ago and was on £5.54 when i left...and i was 17 when i left. tesco are well known for paying above the minimum wage IMHO.

So in 6 years, rather than increasing wages Tesco have reduced the wage by 2p.

Well all know they pay 17 year old's £5.52, it's a fact (allegedly)!
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    tripled wrote: »

Edit: Also, you still haven't clarified what was incorrect about dodo_man's point for us, please could you explain?

I think the point was that dodo_man quoted rates for adults, and Haleyco being a child thinks the world revolves round her. If someone mentions the wage at Tesco's they MUST be talking about her wage, or that of her 17 year old mates.

When you're 17, nobody in the world talks about anything but 17 year old's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure