thinking of leaving talk talk need advice

Comments

• jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    wendy24g wrote: »
    Does that mean a 12 month contract including calls or 12 months just line rental?

You only need to sign a 12 month contract for line rental .

For cheapest calls i would follow the Heinz plan which does not involve you in long contracts. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=1598074&postcount=3
  • Told you 1st timer - would help if I shared how much (numpty!).......

15 squid!
  • jhp
    hello, first time, so forgive me if not totally MSE articulate, but I've recently done some digging in this area, and found Orange to be the best - specifically Home MAX.

Up to 8mbps, unlimited download, no need to pay BT line rental, all done via Orange! It also provides you a second line via their Livebox, wireless router, and this in all gives you free weekend, evening and daytime calls, plus 30 free internationals. Additional benefits if you're on an Orange contract ie calls free to mobiles.

Swapped mine over on Sat and its been fab! Now going to have astab to see if I cna talk that long!?!?!?!

Welcome to MSE Forum.

1. You need a BT Landline before you can switch to it.People enquiring on this thread are with Talk Talk. The calls are not free they are included in price.

2. They Orange have not got a good track record see http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/

Cheap is not always best.;)
  • jhp
    Told you 1st timer - would help if I shared how much (numpty!).......

15 squid!

Yes but you fail to mention that to get it for £15 a month,you need to have a 18 or 24 month mobile contract as well.

See: http://www.orange.co.uk/time/broadbandaccess/default.htm?WT.hplink=D2&cd_source=arthuradel&linkfrom=hp4&link=box_right_pos_2_1_link_2&article=080116orangeshop1700default4blackberry
  • fair comment, just works for me
  • springs65
    springs65 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Hi
    Also thinking of moving from talk talk 18 mth contract up. Just upgraded PC from XP to Vista and having mega problems with broadband. Was thinking of going with Tiscali but line rental is with talk talk. I pay £10 for BB as not free here yet in Norfolk. Would I have a problem moving to Tiscali as regards line rental? and anyone had any problems with Tiscali.

Would appreciate any advice thanks
  • springs65 wrote: »
    Hi
    Also thinking of moving from talk talk 18 mth contract up. Just upgraded PC from XP to Vista and having mega problems with broadband. Was thinking of going with Tiscali but line rental is with talk talk. I pay £10 for BB as not free here yet in Norfolk. Would I have a problem moving to Tiscali as regards line rental? and anyone had any problems with Tiscali.

Would appreciate any advice thanks

You cannot move your line rental from TT to Tiscali,because Tiscali only accept BT Customers.

Many people have had problems with them. Heres one example
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=554666
  • springs65
    springs65 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Hi
    Just rang tiscali, she checked phone line and can move over with no probs. It is still a BT line it is just that talk talk have taken it over. Thought this might help anyone else thinking of moving
  • I am currently on talktalk for both my phone and broadband. I think I pay around eighteen pounds a month for this and most of my calls are free. My main problem is broadband which is very slow and which I have had numerous problems with. This week I got a letter saying they would be upgrading the service and since then I keep getting disconnections a lot of the time. I therefore want to leave talktalk but not get another service which is significantly more expensive. All these terms such as line rental and all other costs involved has confused and stressed my out.

I need to take a deep breath and calm down. I was just wondering if any of you could help me out. It would be much appreciated:

1. List which services for phone and broadband you would recommend, bearing in mind what I am currently paying ( I don't mind paying a little more). I really really just want broadband which just works and means I don't have to keep continually coming downstairs to unplug the router.

2. Give me a step by step guide of how to cancel with talk talk and then move over to another phone/broadband provider. Should I move my line rental to BT?
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Before you go through the process of looking for a new ISP/Telephone provider have you gone through the faults process with Talk Talk to establish why you're getting continual disconnections?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure