Free wedding photography for elopement to Iceland

Options
We have had two offers already but though I'd ask here. We are getting married in June in Iceland and wondered if anyone in UK is interested in doing it for free as part of building their portfolio. Its a unique wedding destination and the opportunity to take pictures at different locations. We are just the two of us, no guests and plan to marry late at night as it will still be light so can be flexible in the day if the photographer wants to shoot at different locations to build their portfolio up. We are a same sex female couple.

Comments

• arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bit cheeky don't you think. Iceland is not exactly a short journey and it's known for being expensive for accommodation etc
  • northern_munky
    Options
    I think when they say free, surely they mean they'll pay for travel and accommodation and the photographer does the work for free.
  • cashewnut
    cashewnut Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah, I'd hope it's what northern_munky said, otherwise it IS cheeky.
  • bertpalmer
    bertpalmer Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 January 2016 at 11:20AM
    Options
    I'm a full time professional based in Bristol and I'd be interested - have you set a date?

I'm trying to build up my destination portfolio although I have shot in Italy, France, Portugal (and Norway & Lebanon in 2016.)

I actually monitor this forum for destination weddings like this.

edit - I'd like to show my work but not sure adding my URL is allowed in the forum.
  • Kayteehee
    Options
    I am interested... I'm a full time photographer and have been dreaming of going to Iceland for a long time!

Are you able to PM me? :)
    Katie
    Professional Photographer with a love of bargain hunting.. Been a moneysavingexpert since 2006 :-D

Roadkill Rebel -Started 6/2/16 - £0.05 Remember you're a womble #6 - £18.17 :j SPC Number 124 - Hoping to save £1500 :)
  • rachelandgromit
    Options
    Pm's sent Katie your Inbox is full!
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bertpalmer wrote: »
    edit - I'd like to show my work but not sure adding my URL is allowed in the forum.
    Correct bertpalmer, well done and thanks for adhering to the site rules ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • kashif260
    Options
    first of i said to you rachelandgromit many many congratulation just for starting your new life with your partner....but i think married couples is h batter place of Venice or Switzerland and you must capture some remembering photography on this place with your couples really awesome some place and need some information about it will you pay travel and accommodation expense when does work any wedding photography for you?...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure