entertainment for teenagers at wedding

Hi just wondered if anyone can give me any ideas on how to keep young teenagers entertained on our wedding day?
We will have 7 youngsters between 11 and 13 boys and girls for the whole day and evening.
So far I have thought of giving them a camera and a list of photos to take.. I know they dont all have phones/tech to keep them amused so just looking at any other ideas people may have .. I know I use to find weddings so boring at that age lol
thanks for any help in advance x
Ready for Frugal challenge 2016

Comments

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Why should you have to do anything? Surely the parents will be looking after them
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • The photos challenge thing sounds brilliant! For the ones that do have gadgets with them...give them the WiFi code! :P

As there's seven of them I'm sure they'll keep each other entertained though, I wouldn't fret.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How lovely are you!

Thinking of your guests seems to be a bit of a rarity these days.
  • Thank you for your responses guys, I just thought it would nice to give the parents a break by give the young teenagers something to do so they didnt need to worry all night about them being entertained and enjoy themselves, also 2 have autism so thinking of them also x
    Ready for Frugal challenge 2016
  • cashewnut
    cashewnut Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Thinking of your guests seems to be a bit of a rarity these days.

What experiences have you had where a bride and groom haven't thought of their guests? We're trying to be as considerate as possible to our guests by having a venue that's easily accessible by car and train and by feeding and watering them plenty :D
  • Did they have SPAM on the menu? :rotfl:
  • RRRivas
    RRRivas Posts: 10 Forumite
    You can organize some kind of treasure hunt or any other games to keep them busy.
  • Put goodie bags for all of your younger guests. These should include games, puzzles, toys, crayons and coloring books. You can also include some healthy snacks as well.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    A quiet place to retreat to.
    A strong wifi signal, power points & chargers.
    A laptop loaded with ebooks so they can pick up a nice read if they want.

An assortment of soft drinks that don't 'look' soft. (Drivers won't mind that either!)

One lovely uncle placed a bet with his somewhat-bashful-in-the-face-of-hordes-of-relatives son that he couldn't get 10 photos of relatives in their wedding hats. Son embraced the bet & decades later relatives still croon as they recall photos of small person in smart shirt & tie, under their hat. Not quite what Dad had specified, but a superlative icebreaker & a splendid source of family photos.

Definitely ask them to get photos for you, possibly with named target families? Or vintage relatives? As well as Intagram detail photos - not just a photo of great Uncle Fred but also also a closeup of his medals, Double Windsor tie knot, or other small single detail images.

You may ask them to please entertain the little ones for 5 minutes - & hand over a bottle of bubble mixture. Creates glorious photo opportunities, judiciously managed...

Very good of you to consider the teenagers as a separate grouping & to plan for them.
    Hoping you have a wonderful day & a long & happy marriage!
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Put goodie bags for all of your younger guests. These should include games, puzzles, toys, crayons and coloring books. You can also include some healthy snacks as well.

They are 11 to 13 not 5 so I very much doubt giving them crayons and puzzles would go down well at all, Perhaps 30 years ago this may have worked but Today 100% no chance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure