Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • divadee
    • By divadee 5th Feb 10, 8:49 AM
    • 10,198Posts
    • 17,555Thanks
    divadee
    Hyundai i20 v Mazda 2 opinions??
    • 5th Feb 10, 8:49 AM
    Hyundai i20 v Mazda 2 opinions?? 5th Feb 10 at 8:49 AM
    we have am 07 grande punto that we are going to serll and buy a new car. Mr divadee likes the hyundai i10 1.4 diesel comfort or the mazda 2 1.3 tempura special edition (he likes the hyundai interior about 20% more than the mazda)

which one of these would be a better buy?

hyundai would cost 11,450 OTR and the Mazda 11,135 OTR

Many Thanks in advance
Page 2
  • WTTM
    The g/f got a White M2 Tamura on 31st Dec. Traded in a shed of a Hyundai Getz for it - you will be happy with the Mazda.

I like it and am more used to more premium cars.

MOMENT
    • divadee
    • By divadee 5th Apr 10, 11:01 AM
    • 10,198 Posts
    • 17,555 Thanks
    divadee
    Can you tell us how much?
    Originally posted by roddydogs
    i paid 10600 for the car and they gave me 5k part ex for my fiat grande punto. i got the roof rack, surf board attachment and full tank of fuel included.
    • divadee
    • By divadee 5th Apr 10, 11:03 AM
    • 10,198 Posts
    • 17,555 Thanks
    divadee
    The g/f got a White M2 Tamura on 31st Dec. Traded in a shed of a Hyundai Getz for it - you will be happy with the Mazda.

I like it and am more used to more premium cars.

MOMENT
    Originally posted by WTTM
    still loving it at the moment. a couple of annoying things like the headlights dont go off when the power is switched off (not used to turning them off manually as punto turns them off automatically)

And the wipers are the opposite way to my old car so thats taking a lot of getting used to, but these are not major issues just teeny tiny niggles, that i will get used to in a couple of months lol.
  • creative2708
    I am currently deciding between these two cars also (the Mazda 2 Sport and Hyundai i20 1.4 Style models) and cannot decide! Anyone driven either of these models or even better own one? The Mazda 2 Sport is slightly more expensive, however does look a bit better and has a slightly better engine.
  • AdrianHi
    I am currently deciding between these two cars also (the Mazda 2 Sport and Hyundai i20 1.4 Style models) and cannot decide! Anyone driven either of these models or even better own one? The Mazda 2 Sport is slightly more expensive, however does look a bit better and has a slightly better engine.
    Originally posted by creative2708
    Best test drive both, but when looking at depreciation as the real cost of the car instead of just purchase price the Mazda 2 works out cheaper. Then you have that long Hyundai warranty swinging the other way perhaps.
    Depreciation graph:
    http://www.whatcar.com/car-depreciation-calculator/results?edition1=10566&makeId=12730&modelVersionId =13025&editionId=13032

The Mazda 2 can also be had on 50% deposit and 0% APR credit over 2 to 3 years ( http://www.mazda.co.uk/showroom/mazda2/Mazda2-offers/ ) which saves quite a bit even if you have cash as you can keep half the cost of the car in your savings account for longer.
    Lead times may also be a factor, how long do you have to wait for the Hyundai now? 3 to 6 months?

As said at the start, you need to drive both then a clear winner should emerge for your tastes.
  • globalshinz
    I suggest you to go for Mazda 2 opinion, instead of Hyundai i20 as Mazda 2 is the awesome choice. Since i20 is bit sticky sort of car that suckzz
    • albionrovers
    • By albionrovers 22nd Jul 11, 9:08 PM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 526 Thanks
    albionrovers
    Eh? That was back in April . . .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,296Posts Today

7,159Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sitting writing my 'how to decide how you'll vote in the EU referendum' guide - quite honestly the toughest thing I've ever written.

• RT @emcox1980: @MartinSLewis just had a cheque for £1260 after following your #flightdelay compensation guide! Thankyou!

• Anyone switched to Nationwide Flexdirect for its year's 0% overdraft? If so how big a 0% overdraft did it give you?

• Follow Martin