Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that. How did you sign up, I wonder if they offer it to people signing up a certain way?
    I think as said, saying you offer personal services may be a bad thing, cant remember what I said, sorry.
    My password was 444 days old and I still had to change it.
    Your password is 1160 days old here. Hope it does not get like work where you have to do it every 5 weeks, its stupid, as I just keep a simple one and add up by one every time I have to change it.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Afternoon all, I hope the elite are well.

Ds2 oh was meant to come to dinner but has been called out for a serious incident on the Newborough beach apparently there are dozens of coastguard and police there I , k hope everyone is OK. Xx
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    zippydooda wrote: »
    malc. you are quoting broken posts, then others are quoting you. someone has to stop the chain. i blame the others they should know better.

Thanks for the heads up zippydooda. I'll be a bit more careful down the line. :o

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • My password was 444 days old and I still had to change it.

Mine was 392 days.

Had to make a real effort to remember it.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• rhosynbach wrote: »
    Afternoon all, I hope the elite are well.

Ds2 oh was meant to come to dinner but has been called out for a serious incident on the Newborough beach apparently there are dozens of coastguard and police there I , k hope everyone is OK. Xx

Is that Malltraeth?

News says two bodies found. :(
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Old_Bill
    Old_Bill Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    mhoc wrote: »
    I am also on the spend £2k in 3 months challenge - wish I'd done it before Christmas as it would have been easily sorted.

MY OH does not know this is why I have the new Amex card otherwise he would be very keen to join in spending £2k in 3 months.

It was very easy to get the card but I hadn't quite worked it out beforehand, the logistics of it.
    My normal everyday household spending will just about come to £1k over 3 months. The other 1K is going to be problematical.
    I tried to pay the coal bill the other day and they reared up in fright at the thought of a Amex payment. I did managed to pay for some hotel rooms with it - Premier inn take it now with no surcharge. There will be some extra petrol as well beyond normal usage if we have more weekends away.
    The next final balance for holidays I don't think is due until late March so that's too late unless I ring them and see if they will take some off the final balance (this was a company that surcharged so I don't know if they still do)
    Beyond that I am stuck. I had a look at United Utilities but they give a discount for direct debit.
    Pondering If I could overpay Scottish Power - I think I have used a credit card before to put the account back into credit.
    And then there is the council tax but I on principal I don't want to pay that in advance ...

You can use the Amex card on your PayPal account. This helps sometimes when the retailer etc doesn't take Amex but does accept PayPal. Worth checking, it's helped me on quite a few occasions.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Hmm - never seen this before - I don't like change :o:rotfl:

password.jpg

just changed mine to exactly the same one :p
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Is that Malltraeth?

News says two bodies found. :(

Yes it is, oh no so sad, it's also really hard for the coastguards I know it effects her when they have to deal with things like this. Even though she is a nurse she finds this harder than working at the hospital. :(
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Just asked me to change again:rotfl:

6 tickets for The Listed Property show at Olympia on 24/25 Feb going to recycle bin
  • mhoc wrote: »
    Just had a text from Blood donation service re my donation of January 25th and my blood has gone to Royal Preston Hospital - so it hasn't gone far, just up the M6.

Last time it went to Aintree.

I know this is pathetic but its reducing me to tears, the thought that some unknown stranger is so unwell or injured that they are in hospital having a blood donation ....

This seems strange as there's a high chance I will need a blood transfusion it would be strange if I got uour blood. I'm A rhesus negative what group are you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure