IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPCM PCN "Outside of Marked Bay"

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 12:04PM
    If this were to get to court they might struggle, read this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_minimis

Also, can you please watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

then complain to your MP. Demanding £100 for such a trifle is clearly a scam. How possibly can your heinous crime have cost them £100.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    louiemiro wrote: »
    Fruitcake

"Great. Another motorist who comes on, makes a post, then baggers off without waiting for a reply."

Thanks muchly for your help and advice, but... Give me break. I haven't boggared off. I need to sleep as have small children to care for early in morn, so 1am forums ain't my ting.

My apologies. I meant no offence but was frustrated and concerned that you had posted incriminating evidence that is damaging to your case, and then logged out without waiting even a few minutes to check for a reply.
    Parking companies really do monitor this forum, and have used posts against motorists during the appeal stage and in court.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake wrote: »
    My apologies. I meant no offence but was frustrated and concerned that you had posted incriminating evidence that is damaging to your case, and then logged out without waiting even a few minutes to check for a reply.
    Parking companies really do monitor this forum, and have used posts against motorists during the appeal stage and in court.

I fully understand that frustration at we who blithely spill all in front of the scammers. Had been v Long day, and knew I wouldn't be a human parent if didn't hit hay. Thanks for all your advice so far.
  • The_Deep wrote: »
    If this were to get to court they might struggle, read this

then complain to your MP. Demanding £100 for such a trifle is clearly a scam. How possibly can your heinous crime have cost them £100.

Excellent. Thanks Deep! will digest . Have a good day.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thank you Coupon.
    Where to find Any threads (it's a bit of a jungle) that deal with either that retail park, that Halfords,? The woman there we spoke to a said she was duty manager and couldn't recind. Best next steps suggestions welcomed for that line of approach (as well as appeal).

You don't need that retail park/that Halfords.

Complain online on Facebook/Twitter to Halfords Social Media Team, or write to their CEO (Google them).

UKCPM will otherwise sue you this year (defendable but stressful). We do see 99% wins for well-prepped and coached posters though.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You don't need that retail park/that Halfords.

Complain online on Facebook/Twitter to Halfords Social Media Team, or write to their CEO (Google them).

UKCPM will otherwise sue you this year (defendable but stressful). We do see 99% wins for well-prepped and coached posters though.

Thank you CM. I tried both.

Got this so far.... first from Halfords Customer Services re: shop exterior/ parking fines

Dear ******* ********

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Unfortunately the car park is the private property of the landlord.
    The landlord has agreed terms and conditions direct with a parking company who then manage the car park on their behalf.
    Because of this arrangement Halfords has no ability to influence individual disputes.
    I am sorry that we can't be of more help on this occasion, however please rest assured that we do flag any trends we see in disputes to the landlord.
    Kind regards,
    Wayne Moore
    Customer Support Advisor

And on Social media:

Hi there, I can see that my colleague has e-mailed you in regards to this asking for the PCN letter, if you could e-mail this in to us in reply to that message, we will be able to correspond via that e-mail thread. Thanks, Bran.
  • Coupon-mad
    Ask who the landlord is, so you can escalate the complaint.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

Got this so far.... first from Halfords Customer Services re: shop exterior/ parking fines

Did you actually contact the CEO ??

Whilst this maybe out of the hands of Halfords, they have
    a duty towards their customers.
    You need to request that the CEO acts on your behalf
    as a valued customer and to contact the landowner to
    intervene and get this cancelled. Landowners can do this.

Tell the CEO that Halfords is not an Honourable company
    and you expect them to look after their customers

Halfords Group Plc

Ms Jill McDonald Chief Executive

Email jill.mcdonald@halfords.co.uk
  • Coupon-mad
    Woah, isn't she the woman who used to be McDonalds CEO, and she always fobbed complainants off when people complained to her about PPC scams in McD's car parks?!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Woah, isn't she the woman who used to be McDonalds CEO, and she always fobbed complainants off when people complained to her about PPC scams in McD's car parks?!

oh yes and no longer halfords but now M&S

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/marks-spencer-new-boss-jill-mcdonald
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family