Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just had an email from Boots and it included the following

"PS Sorry, you may experience some downtime on boots.com from 9pm on Saturday. Just wanted to let you know so you don't miss out"

What could be happening on Saturday night????

It is a big computer update due to run until Sunday morning just in time for the stores to open. All their online ordering, stock control systems, app, online pharmacy are off.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Got a couple of packs of charity Christmas cards, always useful to have in-stock. 30p for 10. Not quite as good as the 10p per pack I managed in their sale, but that was about 25 years ago! lol I guess not bad considering inflation.

Loads of Fabletics sets left, some Frozen bar soaps and a few other bits.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bet we won't be seeing Fabletics again this Christmas :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Africat wrote: »

Either that or we will...and it will look oddly familiar :rotfl: from what they had on shelf in the run up to Xmas I think they just over bought on stock, the one in the neoprene bag looked quite goood for chucking sweaty gym stuff into to be fair. Although I'm not sure how it would be received 'happy Xmas, here's a bag I thought would be useful for your sweaty undies' :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    edited 3 February 2018 at 10:20PM
    Options
    Been at Cheshire Oaks outlet today; the Yankee Candle store had most of it's Christmas range at half price plus BOGOF; picked up another couple of the gold bags working out at £5.00 each so cheaper than I paid in the Boots 70% sale :eek:

Boots at Collosium Shopping Park, Ellesmere Port had nothing but, drumroll... yep you guessed it; a load of Zoella calendars :eek:
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are twelve days of Christmas - that is days following Christmas. The period before Christmas is called Advent and that is why those 24/25-day ones are called Advent Calendars.

So I imagine that the 12 days of Christmas calendars are meant to be given as Christmas presents and "windows" opened one a day from then on.

That takes you up to Epiphany, when the wise men arrived with their three gifts. That's the end of Christmas.
    I'd not even thoght of that till you said. That makes it worse. I doubt many adults like Zoella stuff, so someone may have spent £50 on a teens xmas present only for them to open one of the doors and find table confetti! What were they thinking?!
    Yeah, I'm glad the nation shames the same level of enthusiasm as me for the gym.:p
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    the one in the neoprene bag looked quite goood for chucking sweaty gym stuff into to be fair. Although I'm not sure how it would be received 'happy Xmas, here's a bag I thought would be useful for your sweaty undies' :rotfl:
    I did buy this in the 70% off sale and exactly for sticking dirty underwear in :o but not at the gym;) I thought it would come in handy for short trips away when you're thinking 'damn, didn't fetch anything to put knickers/socks/bras that now need washing in' what can I use. Can't remember what I paid now, but didn't have a bag of that shape/size so thought it worth it just for the bag.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I'd bet the opposite- I'd bet that some will have bought as many as they can at 70% off to gift for next years Xmas...and those who read the forum will sit there wisely nodding and cringing in equal measure! :cool::eek:;)
  • Africat
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    I'd bet the opposite- I'd bet that some will have bought as many as they can at 70% off to gift for next years Xmas...and those who read the forum will sit there wisely nodding and cringing in equal measure! :cool::eek:;)

Not to sound ungrateful but I hope I'm not getting one in my stocking :rotfl:
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »

I did buy this in the 70% off sale and exactly for sticking dirty underwear in :o but not at the gym;) I thought it would come in handy for short trips away when you're thinking 'damn, didn't fetch anything to put knickers/socks/bras that now need washing in' what can I use. Can't remember what I paid now, but didn't have a bag of that shape/size so thought it worth it just for the bag.

I have an underwear bag a friend bought me many years ago, but it's too pretty to put dirties in so I only use it when packing clean undies so they don't get lost in my case.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I have an underwear bag a friend bought me many years ago, but it's too pretty to put dirties in so I only use it when packing clean undies so they don't get lost in my case.

I do the same, dirties get shoved in a carrier bag:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure